Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Rough idle after 411 swap

Apologies man, I started a new power plant project in Ohio this past Monday thus been a bit busy. Maybe try addressing that O2 sensor bud,...I have never taken one out to try cleaning,...don't know if that can be done, I usually just swap them out. If it's stuck at 4,...that's wrong no matter how the boat floats bud
    Totally restored - 1996 GMC K1500 ext cab, HT383e swap, MPFI spider, 0411 PCM swap, FLT Level 5 4L60e with Sonnax Smart Tech input housing, Tru-Cool 40k transmission cooler with -6AN lines, 1-5/8" Hedman Husler long tube race headers with 2-1/2"ss dual exhaust, rebuilt 3.73 rear axle with Yukon/Detroit Helical locker, 6" ProComp lift with steering stabilizer and rear traction bars, 35x12.50x15 BFG All Terrains, Perma-Cool e-fans, etc, etc, etc,..

Tuner in Training
    So I did the 411 swap with a 1999 2 door 454 4l80e 4wd etc and when I swapped to 411 thru.......it was awful dumping fuel won't idle have to rev to 4k just to sound like it was hitting.on all cylinders. It was so stupid rich exhaust manifols pioes cats werr red fuel burned your eyes etc. I have fought this dumbass problem for a few months now... gave up for a bit etc. I finally decided to reach out for help. I used CALEDITOR@PCMCALIBRATORS. I shipped computer to him and just got back last night plugged it in and it fired and idled like it never had before.I was so freaking happy my truck was driveable way cheaper and no.problems compared to the guy that originally did my computer..
    Last edited by Anthoney456; 10-04-2017 at 10:35 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Did you save both tunes and do a compare differences. I'm really curious what changed between the tunes.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleblu View Post
    Did you save both tunes and do a compare differences. I'm really curious what changed between the tunes.
    hey bud I just got hp tuners last Thursday so no I did not... I have to add some more fuel as it was lean (per wideband it was at 21. To 1 lean about worse so I just kept dumping fuel until it was close to 14.7 did I do it right prob not but it has few lol) I should have purchased earlier and tried my own but I get nervous when I do new things don't want to screw up.... but then my drag buddy say wtan why does it.matter your.motor is junk (has 6p.s.i. oil pressure hot at idle and about 11 psi on 2 diff manual gauges while running between 3k-5.5k.. I was also skeptical anout buying hp tu erd as once my motor is built I will taken it somewhere to have it professionally tuned and prefect as it can be... so I stole from my cylinder hea money for hp tuners lol

Tuner in Training
    correct Ben! When a cylinder doesn't fire the O2 sensors will read lean. Kind of the opposite to what would expect, but makes sense when you consider it is measuring oxygen content!

Tuner in Training
    DONT GET DISCOURAGED IT WILL BE WORTH IT IN THE END! disconnect all evap plugs & disconnect egr & block off if nec. make sure you do that first as you have turn it all off in the program ( or at least you should have!) mine did the same thing idk if they were hooked up right in the begging but I think my purge was pumping fresh air in to the manifold or something like that but I unplugged it all & IT fixed my idle!worth a check!

Tuner in Training
    tpark hill who did you get your pcm from? if you don't mind me asking?

I got mine from LexTech with the base tune already installed. You tell him what you have (engine size, trans type, 2/4WD, etc) and he send you the pcm ready to install with the connectors, a few extra pins/wires, etc,....all for $180,...that's a good deal, especially considering it's ready to go (especially for us new guys that don't know nothin' yet). Look him up on the web. I have his email if you like - PM me. He's a good dude.
    Totally restored - 1996 GMC K1500 ext cab, HT383e swap, MPFI spider, 0411 PCM swap, FLT Level 5 4L60e with Sonnax Smart Tech input housing, Tru-Cool 40k transmission cooler with -6AN lines, 1-5/8" Hedman Husler long tube race headers with 2-1/2"ss dual exhaust, rebuilt 3.73 rear axle with Yukon/Detroit Helical locker, 6" ProComp lift with steering stabilizer and rear traction bars, 35x12.50x15 BFG All Terrains, Perma-Cool e-fans, etc, etc, etc,..

Tuner in Training
    did he set it up w/ hp tuner or efi live?

Advanced Tuner
    He uses both brands of software and would probably use whichever you request. (don't quote me on that though.) As iv'e been wrong many times before.
    97 ext cab short bed silverado 5.7 411 swap, edelbrock 29135 intake, lightly ported 906 heads milled .035 thou. factory press in rocker studs & rockers, comp 787 retainers & stock locks, ls6 springs. Comp cams 08-503-8 T56 swap

86 SWB crate vortec 5.7/th350 The wife's truck

Tuner in Training

tuner

is this the guy from pcm power tunes?

No sir, google LexTech and he'll come up,....join/Respond to one of his threads and he'll answer. He basically pioneered these 0411 PCM swaps and has the pin out sheets to follow/provides a ready to go PCM. Google 0411 PCM swap and his name will inverably pop up.

I'd give his email address but it's his personal one so don't if he'd like that too much. Google will help bud, hope this helps you out some.

Advanced Tuner
    Are you still having a problem with one bank being lean? I'm working on a 411 swapped truck that's having that same problem. New MPFI unit, new intakes gaskets, EGR blocked off. I forced OL and verified that bank 1 is about 20% leaner than bank 2.

The problem just started after the swap? Or is it possible it was that way before the swap?
    2000 K2500 - 489 CI Vortec w/ comp XE270 cam - 0411 swap and rear mount turbo
    1972 M35a2
    2011 LML Duramax

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsolete489 View Post
    The problem just started after the swap? Or is it possible it was that way before the swap?
    We didn't do the swap. Truck came to me "just needing a tune" After finding broken valve springs and all sorts of other problems. It starts and idles, but bank 1 o2 goes dead lean in OL. I've smoke tested it and can't find anything as of yet that's causing it. It has a BP Automotive harness on it. I'm pretty confident it's not a wiring issue with the 02's because the WB verfied what the narrow bands are doing in OL.

Advanced Tuner
    Compression test results? Eliminate and rule out all possible mechanical issues first.
    97 ext cab short bed silverado 5.7 411 swap, edelbrock 29135 intake, lightly ported 906 heads milled .035 thou. factory press in rocker studs & rockers, comp 787 retainers & stock locks, ls6 springs. Comp cams 08-503-8 T56 swap

86 SWB crate vortec 5.7/th350 The wife's truck