Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: E39 ECM running standalone on LDK | having trouble getting it running

Potential Tuner
    Man, I'm going through the same stuff right now. Alphafab e39, no support, not working right. Have you found a good remote tuner for this setup? I can't get my car dialed in right.

Lnf is all stock with all stock sensors. No cat larger intercooler.

I never worked with a remote tuner. Alpha was able to get my car running and I took it to a local shop for tuning.

The main issues I had with what Alpha did was they missed the pre-throttle sensor (pressure and temp). This is a very critical sensor that doesn?t exist on the LNF, but E39 needs it. So, if you don?t have that then start there. The second thing they missed was the wiring on the O2 sensor. The ground cannot be run to ground. It needs a +1v on the ground which exists if run to the correct pin on the ECM.

Daniel

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboWood View Post
    I never worked with a remote tuner. Alpha was able to get my car running and I took it to a local shop for tuning.

The main issues I had with what Alpha did was they missed the pre-throttle sensor (pressure and temp). This is a very critical sensor that doesn?t exist on the LNF, but E39 needs it. So, if you don?t have that then start there. The second thing they missed was the wiring on the O2 sensor. The ground cannot be run to ground. It needs a +1v on the ground which exists if run to the correct pin on the ECM.

Daniel
    I am confused with that statement because the LNF has a pre-throttle pressure and temp sensor located in the charge pipe. This sensor which is a 4 wire T-Map feeds pressure and temp back to the ecu when wired in correctly. In the early days the pressure PID was called Boost lo Res and teh IAT i believe was IAT2. This sensor is litterally what everyone tunes their boost pressures off of because the manifold MAP has coding issues with values past 255 Kpa, at least in the past it did.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Yeah, I think you are right. It has been a few years since I did this. For some reason I thought that was introduced with the E39, but I guess not. What is for sure is Alpha didn't find this sensor mandatory and thus the connector was not in the harness they sent originally. I had to figure this out the hard way and they did send a pigtail for that sensor specifically.

Daniel

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Ah well that would be understandable. I dont know the alpha configurations.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    Thank you guys for the comments, know its been a while. Car is a lot better now but I'm having a few issues. I can't get the o2 sensor to read at all and it tests good. It is wired to the ecu ground. The pre throttle sensors are all wired in. Other oddity is VCM canner shows 18 lbs of boost at idle?? super weird. Tune is also causing intermittent high rpm cut outs under load. Ive had one suggestion that the ECU may be bad with the 02. Not sure. Heres the tune and run file. Lemme know what you think. I'd love to find an expert LNF tuner I could just take the car to. This process is getting a little old for me. Id even go to Reno to get it done right. Im in the San Jose, Ca area.

Any thought and help is much appreciated
    Attached Files Attached Files