Thread: 2010 cobalt xfe, e37, deka 80 injector data help

Tuner in Training

2010 cobalt xfe, e37, deka 80 injector data help

Does anyone have injector data for the deka 80 for a 2010 e37 pcm? my buddy wants to go e85.

Advanced Tuner
    Unfortunately, I doubt anyone on here will be able to provide the data that you are looking for because most of everyone on this site gets the data for those injectors from Greg Banish's Calibrated Success DVD. And anyone who purchases the DVD is not allowed to share the injector data.

So i might suggest purchasing the DVD yourself, as it looks like you have two sets of injectors that you are looking for data on, and both of those injectors are included on his DVD.

It was definitely worth it for the data, at least it was for me.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    E37 uses non standard axis from what I recall. You can use the data but in order to populate it correctly you have to convert the axis over. Royal pain in the rear converting axis

Tuner in Training
    yeah the stock data is a odd shape for sure lol _/--, kinda like that. We got it running decent on 60's atm wot gets alittle odd but stays safe. So I am now just looking for 80 data. been trying to convert my 80 data into that odd shape. have a prototype of it but 0 idea how well it will work.

Tuner in Training
    i have no idea how to delete my other post lol

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    so if you can get it running close and have a lot of time to work on sorting it out then you can use this method:

Tune in your maf with a set of base injector data.
    Once its tuned in close record your ltft+stft maths function against your injector base flow data with the voltage modifier set to 0 from 13.5 volts to max voltage range. (vehicle should charge at 14-14.2 so this removes any voltage modifier swings from screwing the data log up.)
    this establishes a base recording of trim data on the injector base flow table. this particular recording needs at least a 750 cell hits in each injector base cell you hit to be verifiable in the next steps. (you'll be referencing it later so your going to need good long recordings)

Now add 10% to the whole maf table and record the same scanner configuration again with that 750 cell hit counter minimum.
    Compare the average base flow error from the first recording and compare it to the second one. If the recording shows the 10% increase in fuel returns a 10% increase in trim error to +/- 1.5% then that value is pretty close to where it needs to be. (trim error will report back as a negative value here)
    If you end up with trims higher than 10% then you over sprayed fuel and the injector data needs to be raised to compensate. Vice-a-versa for trims under 10%.
    after correcting the base injector data off of the compared recordings you have to retune the maf back in to start the process over again but this time with the new injector data. This is why this requires a lot of time. numerous long recordings to lock data in.

I am currently doing this on my yukon 6.0 since i got tired of having to make changes by hand since the copy and paste method was swinging the results to far out of whack thanks to garbage injector data. This is how you find the right data if you dont want to send them out and have them tested to custom specifications which can be costly since its non-standard axis testing in your case.

dont worry about deleting a thread. only moderators can do it and their too busy with other stuff. your fine just pick one thread to continue working with.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 08-21-2017 at 07:55 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    yeah my buddy is 3 hrs away so I was trying to avoid that^ lol but it seems not many deal with 2010's but oh well gotta do what you gotta do lol thanks sir