Thread: My 2.0L GDI data log

Tuner in Training

My 2.0L GDI data log

I was wondering if someone could look at my data log and see if maybe there is some thing that is limiting the tune. As info my car is a track car and generally runs WOT so drivability isn't an issue.

Race car log WOP 8-12-2017-3.hpl

Senior Tuner
    From your engine brake torque, ETC torque, and indicated brake torque. I would say your torque model and torque ratio are going to cause limits. I'm guessing at 3850 rpms and WOT your driver demand table jumps up 50-60 Ftlbs. At 6800 rpms you still have a large drop off in TQ.

If the value in the scanner is to be believed, you have your borderline spark tables are setup very odd. If not already you could zero out the lambda spark correction for base MBT and you might actually see MBT as the spark source. Not utilizing the knock sensor system is a limit, unless you are using fuel that you know will not knock before MBT spark values for the engines compression ratio.

Before WOT something is causing you to be in open loop FMEM which I can't tell if it is O2 temperature related or reading a bad o2 sensor. Combined full time OL with not logging fuel trims so you can't really tell what your fuel is really doing. Not a very safe or effective way to tune. Not knowing your actual lambda is a limit to the tune.

I would need to see a stock tune and your modified tune to understand this log better.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for taking the time to look at my log file for the GDI motor. I'm a complete novice at this I been trying to read and understand as much as I can. As information I am running 110 octain fuel in the car. My borderline spark tables and MBT tables are the same I think started working from a tune file that I was experimenting with.

Focus race car tune.hpt
    Focuse Race car Revised Driver demand 7-19-2017.hpt

Tuner in Training
    this is a log of the base tune only change I made was I set the rev limiter to 7500

Race car log WOP 8-17-2017 stock + 7500RPM.hpl