Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The e38 2-bar is killing me, Please Help! Log and Tune attached

I have a feeling my entire issue is the minimum pulsewidth. The VE table should be doing its job. The injector data recommended 1.1ms which is kind of high but figured it would be okay because its a stock cammed 6.2. If this doesnt fix it then I will try lowering the Fuel-->Transient-->Fuel Delta Min Increment...I think this is the equivalent of the min fuel in mg?

Senior Tuner
    i think the fuel delta min increase if set higher it will wait for a bigger increase in fuel demand before it considers it a transient so smaller adjustments wont be affected..? so may be a little different to the earlier min fuel mg, the fuel delta min wont help PW go lower ive had it left stock and gone down to IPW 0.6 for idle without issue, best to just lower the min PW and see if it helps, the only way to correct fuel at idle is with VE or MAF or both if thats not making changes then something is not right

Also. Make sure you reset Fuel Trims in the Scanner and change both the IMRC open and closed tables. Unless I missed something, nobody really knows which one is used....I just change them both to play it safe
    2012 C6 Base, Kooks 1-7/8" LT, Catted, NPP
    Novi 1500SL, 10% OD IW, Big Blower Cam, Flip Drive, 2x Alky, ID1000
    Nitto NT05R 305x19, 255x18 on CCW T10s
    Self built and tuned https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kod2UTqrVwM

07GTS: Thats interesting. Is there anywhere else in the e38 PCM's that have a min pulsewidth limitation like the older models? Sounds like if you hit 0.6 ms pulsewidth than that mislabeled parameter is no longer an issue.

NJ_Phil: Yes I do all of the above every time! Thanks for the reminder though. I forgot to do it on a couple iterations and found out that the closed table is actually what it references. But I copy and past in the open, closed, and Dod tables just to be safe every time.

Senior Tuner
    what is your decel fuel cut like does it go lower or limit at the 1.1ms..?

I guess I didnt know there was a decel fuel cut pulsewidth minimum parameter? I always just adjust the enable and disable parameters as well as the ramp in and ramp out stuff. I thought once its there and happy, its 0 fuel, no?

Senior Tuner
    no it was just a test, but just try halving the min PW see if it helps your issue

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    no it was just a test, but just try halving the min PW see if it helps your issue
    Ha ha you are very very sneaky sir. Hey you seem knowledgeable. are you good with auto trans tuning and troubleshooting based on recorded scanner data?

Senior Tuner
    i know a reasonable amount and always still learning thanks to this forum, but i have a manual so havnt done much with the auto's