Thread: second opinion on new tune file

Tuner in Training

second opinion on new tune file

I'm fairly new at modifying the factory tune files using HP tuner software. I would greatly appreciate if you guys would look over and scrutinize my tune file I'm about to write entire to my c5 corvette.

I have changed it to a 2 bar operating system speed density, changed the displacement to 383, changed the injector data for Injector dynamics 1050x injectors, copied and slightly modified the VE table from my first boosted C5, expecting this one to make about 10 to 15% more power. I made adjustments to the timing table and transmission shift scheduling.

I think I properly turned off the MAF sensor and rear O2 sensors.

If you guys could look it over and point out anything I may have missed or overlooked (as a beginner) and offer suggestions, I will be grateful.

Thank you.

2000 vette 2bar os.hpt

Senior Tuner
    Fuel>Transient>Min Fuel Mg to 0.010.

Blend PE with Boost Enrichment. Goes from 1.28 to 1.21 at 105kPa. Set hysteresis to Boost Enrich Enable - 100kPa, which means 5kPa. If you don't want to use Boost Enrichment then set the enable out of range.

Tuner in Training
    Those are the kinds of things I appreciate you lending your time to review these files. I'm sure I was looking at the PE and Boost enrich as two separate scenarios and didn't think about the overlap or blending, Thank you.

I did a quick search on the transient situation you also pointed out in attempt to learn and as I have always suspected, this is an area that I could spend years learning about. Again, I appreciate you pointing it out. I made the changes, does this look better and or correct?2000 vette 2bar os forum.hpt

Senior Tuner
    Some of it's better. Here's how you would blend the two. You can adjust as necessary, but see how now there's no transition going into or coming out of Boost Enrich?
    boost enrich.png

Tuner in Training
    I see now, it clicked when I viewed the pics you attached. My understanding now: Power enrich can happen at any RPM or MAP under the Boost enrich threshold and therefore, Power enrich should match the beginning of the Boost enrich? Sound like I have it now?

Is this statement also true: The Power enrich and Boost enrich are just targets and it's up to the tuner to get the VE table to meet them or does the ECM make adjustments in a CL scenario at anypoint to reach the target?

Senior Tuner
    Correct on both counts.

PE will carry over LTFT's. You have to have correct VE in the first place, though. Tune CL 85kPa and below. Use wideband above that. Put fueling enables wherever you want when complete.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:29 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for your time.