Thread: Coolant Fan adjustment w/ PWM fans.

Coolant Fan adjustment w/ PWM fans.

I see that the values are base upon a percentage and that slope the percentage up as temperature rises. I am trying to get the car to run cooler with the lower stat installed. Right now there is no value in the 192 and 196 column. At 225, where the car seems to start going back down in temp there is a 90%. Is there some kind of time frame that the fans stay on at 90% that brings the temps back to 192?

Why wouldn't I just use 90's in the 192/196 column and keep the temps as low as I can with a stat installed?

if the car has PWM fans (like the vette) then the % is the percentage of full speed that the fans come on at that temperature. Lower % makes the fan run slower and hence cool less.

Our 2bar mod for the E40 ECM changes the temperature axis to 163-250F

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Chris, thanks for the reply;

This is a O6 ZO6 which does have the PWM fans. I see they ramp the percentage as the temps rise. I want it to run in the 180's which doesn't look like it will happen with the threshold of fan operation set at 192. I guess if I set all values to 90% the fans will start kicking at 192 in slow street driving. On the highway it runs at 175-185.

Based upon the available parameters in the LS7 I assume that there is no upgrade to the OS in this car. Isn't it the E38?

Thanks

Howard

Senior Tuner
    umm...what does PWM stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by Redline MS
    Chris, thanks for the reply;

This is a O6 ZO6 which does have the PWM fans. I see they ramp the percentage as the temps rise. I want it to run in the 180's which doesn't look like it will happen with the threshold of fan operation set at 192. I guess if I set all values to 90% the fans will start kicking at 192 in slow street driving. On the highway it runs at 175-185.

Based upon the available parameters in the LS7 I assume that there is no upgrade to the OS in this car. Isn't it the E38?

Thanks

Howard
    yes its the E38, no enhancements for those just yet.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by redhardsupra
    umm...what does PWM stand for?
    pulse width modulated
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"