Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 6r80 transmissions holding up with transbrake?

We need this parameter added in HPT

Tuner in Training
    I set the ignition test to 1500, installed an msd rev limiter last night and tested it. It worked perfectly set at 2k with stock converter. Going to play with it at the track tonight. I'm going to play with 2 step settings and see how high I can get it without it releasing on its own. Thanks for the link, I'll check that out and try it soon.
    Did you try the 3 relay version? I had to cut the wire to it as I kept getting a wrench. I'm using 2 relays right now.

Tuner in Training
    I used it at the track last night and it works great at 2k rpm, but at 2100 it cuts loose. Could be my trans or its settings, but for now I am just sticking with 2k launches. It works great, I picked up almost a .1 in 60 ft. Car is all stock with a tune and offroad xpipe and has been a best of 12.09 @ 118. My goal is 11.xx with it basically as is before I do more mods such as converter and gear.

Tuner in Training
    This is still working well. Hard drive crashed at the track, ao I lost all my tunes except for what was on the car. Back to square 1 for me I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by kdanner View Post
    This is the best one to use.

whats the difference bewteen this one and the one using SSB/SSC ?

Potential Tuner
    I'd like to know too, I'm using the SSB/SSC circuits and would like to know if I'd have better success with the SSC/SSD. My car starts creeping forward sometimes on anything over 3200rpms

Quote Originally Posted by skaarlaj View Post
    I'd like to know too, I'm using the SSB/SSC circuits and would like to know if I'd have better success with the SSC/SSD. My car starts creeping forward sometimes on anything over 3200rpms
    Heres a pair of quotes from KDanner who wrote both schematics, the SSB and SSD brakes:

That one simplifies the applied clutch situation. The only drive clutch applied is the forward, no more direct. Other than that only holding clutches are applied. The only thing that has to happen for the car to start to move in 1st gear is the intermediate clutch release. Again, this requires a very specific calibration to make it possible.
    I don't have any way to time the release, but it is simplified. Benefits should be more pump volume available since one less clutch is used. Wear shouldn't be a concern, in either case we are only releasing, not applying.

So ssc ssd is better than ssb/ssc
    Last edited by elerico; 11-27-2019 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elerico View Post
    So ssc ssd is better than ssb/ssc

Depends who you ask. Most upgraded D clutches have 5 friction discs. Most upgraded B clutches have 7
    2011 Mustang GT TT A6
    1998 Eclipse GSX Awd

Quote Originally Posted by bbrooks98 View Post
    Depends who you ask. Most upgraded D clutches have 5 friction discs. Most upgraded B clutches have 7

Stock transmission
    Stock clutch

?!

Any answer ?

Up thanks

Up thanks