Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to make an e85 tune with no flex fuel sensor

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by KonigWolf View Post
    Here is a install guide for a E85 kit from the Camaro6 forums, at the bottom of the guide, the gentleman posted the baseline E85 tune.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=469951

This is a list of what they change in the tune file.

Attachment 76425
    very helpful information for all. I will read carefully

Advanced Tuner
    I got this question I have a 2009 Silverado 6.2 non flex fuel but theres some 2012 taht are flex fuel, Do they use the sensor? I?ve seen the table to select sensor and virtual, what?s the difference?

Does anyone know why the virtual enable dosent work with no flex fuel ecms?

Quote Originally Posted by cmitchell17a View Post
    Does anyone know why the virtual enable dosent work with no flex fuel ecms?
    because there is underlying code that is not displayed through HPTuners. HPT only displays the .000001% of what is in the ECM, just the parts that we need to get them calibrated.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    I can help you set it up if you purchase my kit.
    any information on a ff kit for a sliverado would be great
    2011 Chevrolet Silverado scsb
    4.3 4l60 swaped to 5.3 6L80
    4 inch cai and crappy tune
    LSA blower in the works

Old thread but I found this on a Google search.
    I can't speak for the newer GM cars, but my 2009 Cobalt SS Turbo LNF runs on a variety of E85 mixtures without changing the injector offset. There's no stoich setting, so apparently we just need to adjust injector offset to compensate. But, I kept it stock and just ran up to E50 without any DTCs or problems. The LTFT just goes very positive but as long as it is under 25% it seems to be fine (most I see is like 10%-15% kind of like running a K&N CAI without tuning).

On Ford EcoBoost, I've run a lot of E85 (over E50) and the LTFT just goes very positive. The problem is that our DI pump runs out of fuel capacity, and I've never had to adjust the stoich. What happens is that during the first start after flashing, the idle is very rough until the LTFT adjustment is set. Then it smooths out. If I adjust stoich right off the bat, the idle is smooth and LTFT numbers are lower. I've never ever sat there testing alcohol content and adjusting stoich/settings to compensate. I've varied from E20 to E47 arbitrarily.

We ran about E30-E40 on the 2015 Malibu (LTG 2.0T, same as ATS/Camaro) and got P0171 within a day or so of running it. The MIL/CEL comes on and off periodically. I was thinking of retrofitting a flex fuel sensor but was wondering if anyone had any luck just with tune/settings. Maybe increase the tolerance for LTFT before P0171 is set?