Thread: Ba conversion with issues as usual

Ba conversion with issues as usual

So, having converted many na's to turbo and so on I haven't really came across a issue like this.

The car is a ba turbo! We removed the engine (engine loom) and replaced that with a NA motor(na loom), we also removed the na map sensor and wired in a turbo map sensor and turbo REG.

Fitted another ecu,bem and barrel coded it all edited the base file as it was a molested Manual file and this cars a 4spd!!! I changed everything back to factory settings to suit the NA BTR and na motor BUT when driving if you back off then accelerate it "misses" and runs rough for a few seconds, put your foot down and it sorts itself out!

I then edited the file again and fitted all NA settings in and still same issue. This isn't boost related! Can be cruising at 110! Back off then accelerate and it will do it. Also sounds like valve chatter from the engine at the same time! Leading me to think timing is to advanced but when data logging nothing out of the ordinary to me shows up and timing remained the same the whole time :/

I will upload both files I've flashed into the car and also the data log!

I'm hoping to sort this issue out as the wife is busting my balls!

The only real thing that isn't normal is the na loom is going to a TURBO ECU not sure if that's a issue!

More then happy to go back to the basics if need be thinking re fit the NA ecu, NA map sensor and see what happens :/

here is the tune uploaded into the car,turbo ecu,na motor and wiring loom wit T map!

after accelerating and attempting to drive again it randomly runs rough! 17.36 on the log is when it happened

tune had all factory settings in it with NA btr settings almost ready to go back to na ecu and na map
    Attached Files Attached Files

just had a quick look at the logs and you have knock everywhere which is pulling timing all over the place. What NA motor did you drop in and what ECU and timing map are you using?

What fuel are you using?

It looks like it is pinging off its head constantly so I would pull timing and boost to see if you can get it to stop pinging then tune up from there.

ive taken another look and two more comments:

The log has some "OL-Fault" at different points and you've got 7 DTC's, what DTC's do you have?

Also right near the failure your Closed loop fueling is at 35% which means there is either a fueling issue or 02 issue. You've got standard turbo injectors, do you have a standard fuel pump also or any other fueling mods that might impact it?

Hey man, tried it with both complete turbo files and na files the motor is a ba na motor and the ecu is a ba turbo ecu, it's just a daily shit box run around power is not the aim I just need it to run and drive fine!!!! I previously tuned another and all I did was fit the map sensor fpr and away it went fine, ran a little rich but none of these issues.

Fuel system is completely stock with the turbo reg! Stock turbo intank pump! I noticed STFT bank 2 is all over the shop and nothing like one but I have no idea about that??????

It's weird tho, can be lightly cruising say 60klms then back off and when you apply the throttle even just softly it runs rough! I'll pull bulk timing out on each tune and see what happens.

Could be a 02 sensor issue. Grab the Codes and clear them off. Next time it happens check what codes have reappeared. Should point you in the right direction.

Spent some more time on it.

This time
    Loaded a 100% stock turbo file into it.

After logging it I can see after 100klm and decel when I accelerate 9/10 times it runs rough now I can see it's kn open loop when it says open loop conditions not met.. as soon as it irons out and is fine it's back to closed loop so seems like something is forcing it to remain in open look. I tried paying around with the delays and such but still no luck