Thread: how to datalog maf period

Advanced Tuner

how to datalog maf period

I'm new to logging with HP so yall please bare with me. I'm trying to datalog the maf period to dial in the maf on a 14 GT, every single one I try to log doesn't work

anyone know how I go about doing that?
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Advanced Tuner
    nvm i got it, was looking at the wrong thing, now only to get the fuel error in percentage

Senior Tuner
    They have predefined maths for fuel trim error or lambda error. Just make sure you have all the PIDs the math uses and it will work.

Can someone point me in the direction on how to make a histogram to tune my Maf vs Period? Danka

Senior Tuner
    -get a log with at least the following:

- Mass Airflow period
    - Short term fuel trims, both banks
    - Long term fuel trims, both banks
    - equivalence ratio commanded, both banks
    - WB EQ ratio, both banks

- with that log open in scanner make sure you have at least one "graph" as part of the layout. If not select layout> Add to layout> graph.
    - Right click under graph and select Graph layout
    - click on the green + sign to add a new table
    - Change label to MAF error or what ever you want
    - open your tune file and open the MAF vs period table. Right click the upper right blank square and select Row axis> copy labels
    - Paste copied values into Values bar under Row axis in scanner.
    - Click on <click to insert or change> under row
    - in text filter type in "MAF"
    - click the gear with green check mark to eliminate PIDs not in the current log
    - select mass airflow period
    - at the top next to parameter click <click to insert or change>
    - scroll down to the MATHs section
    - open fuel trims to select LTFT+STFT
    alternatively you can create a custom math of you own and choose that, or under lambda & AFR you can use EQ ratio error which is percentage error of commanded vs WB.
    - Copy error graph
    - open tune MAF vs period and paste special> multiply by percent 1/2 back into MAF curve
    - Make sure values are still in numerical order as out of order MAF values are bad

Another tip, before taking the log, is to right click PIDS and change the polling interval of things like EQ ratio commanded or period that its critical you get more data from.
    For a more visual graph you can set values to have different colors as well.
    You can also increase the the decimal places for a better visual. This doesnt effect copy and pasting.

MAF graph.PNG
    Last edited by murfie; 11-14-2017 at 09:58 PM.