Thread: 15+ cobra jet with whipple single blade

15+ cobra jet with whipple single blade

Working on this for a friend. Thought it would be a good learning process. its n/a with a cobra jet and a single blade whipple. i have what i believe is the correct T-body data. it drives pretty good but needs alittle work. the first issue im encountering is the t-blade wont close past 2 deg so its pulling lots of timing to try and get to commanded idle. what should i look to do first
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Looks like you left the "ETC Idle Throttle Angle" table pretty much stock. Correct this table, it's Airflow on the X axis, you then need to set the expected TB angle value that corresponds with that airflow value.

Per your log, 2* TB angle is about ~1.4#/min, so your X axis for 1.5#/min should have a Y value of 2. That is how you populate this table, you want to populate the other rows to also be accurate

In the first half of the log when you are idling at 2* your airflow is ~1.4#(rounded), in your tune a airflow value of 1.5 should have a TB angle of 5*, how ever this is on a stock tune, for the new TB, the same amount of air can be achieved at a much lower angle, which is what you need to correct
    Last edited by Jn2; 08-24-2017 at 04:26 PM.

Thank you, got that taken care of and it helped alot! it still will not go below 2 but its not pulling near as much timing to get to commanded idle rpm. i did raise idle rpm to 850 and now commanded is flickering between 1 and 2*

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by The Notch View Post
    Thank you, got that taken care of and it helped alot! it still will not go below 2 but its not pulling near as much timing to get to commanded idle rpm. i did raise idle rpm to 850 and now commanded is flickering between 1 and 2*
    You want the entire table to be accurate, so you should keep updating the TB angle to match the airflow you are seeing, which is easier said than done since it require a lot of logging and requires you to catch it idling at the airflow you need to update the angle for

Think it may help to cut alot out of that table, then update it with correct info

Whipple Mono.jpg

Here's some Whipple mono data I have from a 2015 car.

Those are a little different than i currently am using and make no difference, 2* is the lowest it will idle so its using spark to get idle down to commanded. gona pull throttle body and check for something mechanical keeping it from going any lower

Update, looks like customer over torque or unevenly torque throttle body down and it would bind the blade right at closing point. reinstalled the throttle body and tightened evenly fixed the blade closing issue.