Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can we please get only ONE wiring diagram?

Maybe I got my electrical signals messed up...teh little arrow thru the ground symbol isnt switching??

its been a long time since I've read a schematic..LOL
    -Scott -

Tuner in Training
    That's a little arrow through a battery symbol. It means that there is a varying voltage there. That's the sensor part. Terminal C is connected direct to ground, the ground symbol is at the very bottom of the drawing. The little arrows in line with all the wires on the sensor mean there's a connector there.

--97T--

either way...power varys...so thats bad.....shouldnt use power from NB conector....
    thats probably whats been frying peoples LC1's whor are doing it as NB/WB combo
    -Scott -

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer
    either way...power varys...so thats bad.....shouldnt use power from NB conector....
    The power on those circuits isn't going to vary anymore than your cigarette outlet. And to get real technical, here is the rest of the sensors that the engine sensor fuse powers.

Tim

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by soundengineer
    Maybe I didn't explain it right. The power comes right from the ignition switched circuit, the ground goes right to the ground circuit. The varying part is the signal from the O2 sensor. It's only the voltage on the signal wire that varies, to tell the PCM rich or lean. When we replace that circuit with the simulated narrowband output, we supply the pcm input signal with a ground reference wire from the analog output circuit and an analog output wire. These two are for signal only. That's separate from the power and ground on the other two terminals.

On the Camaro, those two are good solid power and ground wires. On the GTO and who knows what other models, the heater gets turned on and off from a switch on the ground side. Probably to not heat the sensor when the ignition is on but the engine isn't running. On the GTO diagram I posted, it's drawn in there as a switch, even though most likely it's a solid state device.

Have a nice day,

--John 97T--

Kinda looks like you guys have the same service manual stuff I do!
    Last edited by NinerSevenTango; 07-11-2006 at 08:23 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    It helps when your a dealer tech.

Tim