Thread: Please Confirm - 2006 Mustang GT - HP Tuners will turn off PATS and it works

Potential Tuner

Please Confirm - 2006 Mustang GT - HP Tuners will turn off PATS and it works

I have been searching for hours for confirmation that the switches in HP Tuners actually turn off PATS and the car does indeed start without the need for the chip. I have been using HP Tuners for a while on my LSx swapped 240z and am familiar with VATS. I bought some credits after I picked up a 2006 Mustang GT vert for fun.

It was running fine, even up to yesterday, until I went to start it today. Nothing. No click, and the theft light is rapidly flashing. After researching the issue, its most like PATS related.

I found the PATS switches under General -> System -> PATS and Alternate past. I changed these to disabled but I have NOT loaded the file yet.

I bricked one PCM due to a low PCM voltage issue (the GM ECU is not nearly as sensitive) so I am not taking chances on this one. I do not want to flash the PCM unless I have to.

Any confirmation would be greatly appreciated.

Potential Tuner
    For future users: Yes, the PATS switches worked. I disabled both, loaded the revised tune yesterday and the car started right up. I tried to start it beforehand to make sure that it was the tune that worked and as expected the anti-theft light was rapidly flashing and the car did not start (no turnover at all.)

The car is a 2006 Ford Mustang GT has the Spanish Oak ECU.