Thread: 2017 Camaro SS - rear O2 codes

Advanced Tuner

2017 Camaro SS - rear O2 codes

2017 Camaro SS with ARH long tube headers. We have turned the rear O2 codes off but they are still registering and tripping the check engine light. Anyone else have this issue, if so what was the fix.

post the tune and the codes it is tripping

Advanced Tuner
    P0036
    p0037
    p0056
    p0057

Advanced Tuner
    We have tried "No reporting" with the SES button turned off, we have also tried the drop down and turned the code off in full. Each time on the 3rd or 4th start up it trips the light and posts those codes as permanent.

is the CEL light coming on as well or you are just talking about in the scanner? even if you set No Error Reported and uncheck SES (which is what you should do) it can still show permanent for a while. That's normal.

Advanced Tuner
    The actual light is still coming on. I can clear the DTC codes, they will show back up as "current, pending, permanent". Eventually after some key cycles they will go "permanent".

If it is set to No Error and unchecked SES and it is still turning on the CEL then I have never seen that.

Tuner in Training Southwest Speed's Avatar
    I've seen it 2 times. Both on 16 Camaros.

They'll show as Permanent on the scanner. Both times I verified that I had the proper settings in the DTC tab (to make sure it really wasn't an oversight) and manually cleared them.

They never returned in both instances once I cleared them, cycled the key and restarted.

GL.
    Southwest Speed LLC
    5116 Industrial Park Loop NE
    Rio Rancho, NM 87124
    505-554-9898
    https://www.facebook.com/southwestspeed/

http://www.southwestspeed.net

Advanced Tuner
    So had one other person look, and they didnt see anything missed either. The SES is unchecked, doesnt matter if "No error reported" or if "MIL never set" is checked. Either way the light is getting tripped and showing up, the codes are staying in the ECM as well.

I am going to check one other thing, the MAP error (P129D) has been there since I put the ported stock intake on. At first I was getting 40-43 kpa of pressure at idle, I pulled the sensor and checked it. I also pulled the intake and checked all of the o-rings. Put the sensor back on and torqued the intake down to GM spec. The pressure then dropped to 32kpa at idle. So I am not sure if those codes just take some time before they will leave or what.

Only other thought I have is that when the shop installed my headers they didnt move the main harness on the passenger side frame rail out of the way far enough and about 8 wires got melted with 3 being exposed. I wrapped the wires, so I may check the MAP wire colors and open the harness back up and see if one of those wires are the ones that got damages. I may have to cut, solder and shrink wrap some wires and see if that is causing the issues.