Thread: Tuned with EFI LIVE Want to Tune with HP tuners Questions. New here as well hello!

Tuner in Training

Tuned with EFI LIVE Want to Tune with HP tuners Questions. New here as well hello!

Hello, I am taking the dive into tuning on my own. My car was tuned with efi live and update files are .COZ files now I have figured out there is no way to convert.
    So here are my questions.

1.) When I do a read with hp tuners will I get all the same parameters that are in the current tune, Just in HPT tunable format as far as I know its not a custom OS.

2.) If it was originally flash with a COS or custom OS file how can I tell I have only every used .COZ files which are smaller update config files. The thing here is I don't want to waste HP tuners credits to find out I cannot even tune with HP tuners because the PCM has a Custom OS on it.

3.) Once I register my HP Tuners device to my car Read and Tune modify it and write it back can I go back to the EFI LIVE tune I currently have ? Or is the PCM Now locked to HP Tuners only.

4.) How can I obtain a original stock tune file if I do not have mine ?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Advanced Tuner
    1) correct
    2) efilive doesnt run custom os on the e38/e67 they never neede to since they worked out the vve years ago, if you are mafless expect hptuners to interpret the fuel map differently. it may not work if you make changes with hpt.
    3) if you can read the tune out with your hpt cable, license it and you'll be able to flash
    4) hpt's repository, but your gonna be screwed by a vin license charge to license another tune just to flash it back to stock. otherwise get a stock efilive tune flashed in