Thread: GM special PID with OBD II reader

Potential Tuner

Carista / GM special PID with OBD II reader

Hello,
    I have IOS pro version and drive 2016 Chevy Camaro SS. I just followed your Trackaddict recommendation for OBD readers and purchased Carista. Unfortunately it does not provide the special GM PIDs like oil,trans temp and oil pressure.
    In the past BEFORE an app update these PID worked on my car with a cheap Chinese reader. I figured I would purchase one of the recommended readers, but I get the same 37 channels as the cheap Chinese reader.
    Is there a way to get access to these PIDs? Buy another reader?
    Thanks for your help
    Last edited by mbar; 06-16-2017 at 09:21 AM.

This should improve with the version 3.6 update for iOS, which I hope to have released in the next week or two... These few enhanced GM PIDs that we've had in the iOS Pro version are sort of a legacy feature and just hadn't been enabled for the newer BLE mode (ie Carista and PLX Kiwi 3), which it seems that more and more people are now using instead of the older OBD options for iOS. With the 3.6 update, these newer BLE devices will have the same app functionality available as the older ones do, depending on actual device and vehicle compatibility of course.

This feature will remain unavailable for the Chinese clones though, as those have been very problematic for us and other apps, so we'll keep things simple there and continue to encourage users to choose more reliable devices.

Potential Tuner
    Just did the new update. I can confirm that the GM PID's are back with Carista.
    Thanks!!!

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, I always wondered why other code reader apps like OBDLink would not display trans temp on my 2002 Camaro but TA does.