Thread: I4 E67 for V8 conversion

Potential Tuner

I4 E67 for V8 conversion

I am working on a V8 swap into a 2006 Pontiac solstice. My question is this, I want to retain the communication between the ECM and BCM. I would also like to retain the vehicle VIN if possible. I have seen various results of people loading different OS's onto the I4 ECM's, some bricking and some not.

I have been a little cautious to make any changes just yet in fear of bricking my ECM (I do have spares, but all are I4's)

Is it as simple as changing the parameters in HP Tuners to change the number of cylinders, displacement, gearing, and of course all the related fuel and ignition maps? This seems entirely too simple.

There is a company who will program the stock ECM for use with a V8 using a software which is no longer available, however it must be a custom OS as it not editable with other software after doing so. All of that to say that it is obviously possible for my ECM to work with the V8, just need some expert advice on how to do so.

Thanks

Steve

Potential Tuner
    Any thoughts?

send me your email. i have one on file for a ls3. once os is changed you can make changes to set for what ever engine you have
    1969 nova w/ ls3
    2020 ram hemi
    2009 ALS-V Cadillac
    99 s10 w/ 09 G8 L76 turbo