Thread: FPV boss 335 wont rev to limiter ETC cut

Tuner in Training

FPV boss 335 wont rev to limiter ETC cut

Hi Guys,
    I'm at wits end , I have a FPV BOSS 335 here, its a race car , has had abs etc deleted.
    it will not rev to limiter, originally spark cut (fixed that) then fuel cut (fixed that)
    now its ETC . Its nearly always at 5500 rpm but occasionally lower (WTF)
    I have tried every combination of torque management flags but cannot get it to
    rev out. doesn't matter what gear , what throttle percentage is being applied.
    I am about ready to burn it!!!
    open to ideas.........
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training

The plot thickens....

Ok so I have managet to get it to rev to 6300 ish by changing a torque reduction rpm and clip torque rpm.
    Problem is when I log it there is still a limiter being applied at 5500 in the torque source in the logger?
    there is obviously some limiter I cannot see in the file.
    it revs to 6300 but drops boost at 5500.

Still open to ideas?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Problem solved!!! after much stuffing about there is a voltage based rev limiter in the software that hp tuners doesn't have! had the file edited with sct and it showed up the voltage limiter. Once we realised that that's what the limiter was , we looked at wiring ,battery etc. found the wiring harness had rubbed on power steering pulley and shorted out . repaired it still no good, replaced alternator and happy days!! the alternator would stop charging at 5500 rpm WTF!! hope this helps someone else out , has taken days to sort this.
    Cheers

Very interesting you did well figuring that one out. I wonder if other models have this too.