Thread: LLT Bosch E69 cam timing over 7300 RPM

Potential Tuner

LLT Bosch E69 cam timing over 7300 RPM

On my 2010 Camaro V6 I have MACE cams installed which have longer duration than stock cams. I've been trying to get the RPM's up to 7700 RPM but at 7300 RPM the cam timing resets to zero when I have 20 degrees and 15 degrees set for the intake and exhaust cams respectively. At 1:28.4 in the attached datalog you can see the cams moving back to zero, which kills the air coming in. I have the cutoff set at 7600 but it isn't some RPM limiter, the ECU is just no longer attempting to hold the cams in position. Has anybody seen this on the E69 Bosch ECU?

V5B4 Log 3.hpl
    V5B4nt.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Have you tried raising your Full Throttle Shift RPM tables a bit higher to see if that changes anything?

Maybe try 7400 rpm, and see if that helps any.

Look at your Oncoming Clutch and Trans Slip RPM in the log, looks to be commanding another gear as soon as cams get pulled down. Just curious if it is related.

Report back with a update on this.

Thanks

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark@TuckerPerformance View Post
    Have you tried raising your Full Throttle Shift RPM tables a bit higher to see if that changes anything?

Maybe try 7400 rpm, and see if that helps any.

Look at your Oncoming Clutch and Trans Slip RPM in the log, looks to be commanding another gear as soon as cams get pulled down. Just curious if it is related.

Report back with a update on this.

Thanks
    Thanks, but none of that worked. I saw that the LNF guys said that the cam phasers stopped working after 7400 RPM, so it is something deep inside the tune.

I've had my car running the supercharger so I wasn't able to test it until a few weeks ago when I took the supercharger off. With the supercharger it accelerates so fast that it doesn't have time to move the cams back before it shifts.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    they stop working because thats the rpm axis hard limit 7500 but they dont just reset to 0 they run off the last programmed value it saw on the cam table. basically it only tracks load axis and the highest rpm values when your up there.

transmission upshift trq reduction is active in your file. if it is trying some funky trans signal this could help.

optimum spark tables play a big role in commanding trq output in lnf's and you also have those tables. have you tried bumping them in the high rpm region to increase requested torque urgency.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

did you get this sorted