Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rich After Flash / Injector Tip Temperature

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    yesterday i had a case

2011 camaro L99 FBO and OL tune

the car need to take a good 10 min and a drive to get fueling normal again.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    No, but it's been modified, so go back to stock on that one...
    Thanks Greg, that pic was what was added to the stock table...so I took it out. I now understand the IVT coeffecient table is what gets halved for the scaling.

GHuggins. You wonder why I stopped talking to you. I see thread after thread where you post stuff like you actually came up with it.

People talk about respecting tuning secrets, experience, the time you put into this stuff and then there are guys like you that will take everything he can and publish it to be a hero on the forum.

I cant believe my eyes sometimes, not the first thread I've seen pop up. Can I just immediately NULL this thread for two reasons, the title is wrong...... this table will not fix your rich after flash issue.... it will help by doing the wrong thing..... there are more correct ways of sorting out the rich after flash issue. But unlike GHuggins..... I wont spill the beans.

Cheers Mate......... here's to being done with you.

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    I have been seeing this more and more and starting to get a little tired of it even though it does seem to help supply me with business as every vehicle I get that has been getting remote tuned or tuned by other tuners in general has had this table zeroed out... THIS IS THE WRONG WAY TO DO IT and has the ability to cause engine damage for a couple of reasons... I honestly don't think tuners know what this table defaults to or does with just simple hot restarts... DO NOT ZERO THIS OUT!!!

During a (HOT NORMAL RESTART) - Injector tip temp will usually default to 70 degrees Celsius, so lets think about this - you have the table set to zero when it should have something in there - owner goes to show off his FI 800 RWHP Camaro that's pushing 18psi - only now his fueling can be up to 10% lean because everyone seems to forget the other side of this coin and that's all of the other temperatures that are "calculated" within the ECM's logic - SO dudes running 10% lean now pushing 18psi on a 10:1 compression motor that was tuned to the lean side for those wonderful "power numbers" - how do you think it's going to turn out?

During a (HOT RE-FLASH) that we tuners have coined "rich after flash" - ALL calculated temperatures default to 100 degrees Celsius - that's all calculated items like IVT and Injector Tip Temp just for example - Just another reason why zeroing out Injector Tip Temp and making fueling corrections is worthless - it's referencing more tables than just injector tip temp for these "offset" fueling adjustments, so how is zeroing out one table and making corrections going to fix everything...

Now - I was personally taught by Jslic or Scott who originally discovered all of this for us on how to correctly calibrate it, but after struggling with it for a while I made my own changes or way of correcting the data and went from there... I'm not posting any of Scott's formulas, but there are better ways like his of getting this dialed in - if your one of the smart ones out there perhaps you can come up with a better way for everyone...

The way I do it requires a lot of idle time and a few hot restarts while sitting there waiting... I have gone to using fuel trims only for this - allows me to dial in fuel trim switching points to the desired air fuel "stoic" setting... In other words it allows me to shift the "0" or stoic set point for the fuel trims to a 14.7ish afr...

So now were taking IVT, O2 switch points and injector tip temp into account - what about cams, injection timing, airflow, engine compartment temps and so on and so on? I'll keep this as simple as I can, but to sum things up everything changes this table, so to make things consistent and to keep things more in line with temperature swings this is how I do it...

First off - dial in your injection timing as this changes fuel atomization and burn efficiency... After this kill long term fuel trims and change the IVT table to something really close to 1's in the map cells where your engine normally idles - your doing this to help yourself out and keep temperature swings fueling more in line... Picture posted below to illustrate...

Attachment 73066
    At the same time your doing that your going to put it into MAF only or SD only if it's a SD tune... Your also going to close the hood so the intake is sucking in air like it normally will everyday of the week - make sure you do that part... ALSO at this time multiply your injector tip temp table by the size increase of your current injectors - in other words if you increased them 50% - take 50% out of the injector tip temp table - this will help things go quicker...

With the engine idling at an elevated 1200 rpms your going to log injector tip temp just like it is in the tune - once the temp comes all the way down to as low as it's going to go - usually 50 to 60 degrees Celsius - this will be where you will make corrections to fueling for here on out... We're running the engine at 1200 rpms for a couple of reasons - First off a lot of engines have lopey cams - lopey cams have overlap at idle which will skew things - Secondly you don't want the injector tip temp fueling corrections staying in each cell for a really long period of time - they shift from one extreme to the next if they do - elevated rpms helps the "self calculations" come back into line much quicker than they normally would...

After you get the MAF dialed into a +/- 1 or 2 percent you can start making corrections to injector tip temp... A .000078s or a .0078ms correction can make a 5% difference in fueling - starting to see why this is so important??????????

It's also wise to have it a little richer on a hot restart - I personally target something from 2 to 5 % richer from the 70 degrees Celsius cells to the 55 degrees Celsius cells where the engine normally operates... Of course this will be dependent on injector sizes and engine setups plus you can't dial things in any better than a .0078ms setting due to the ECM's coding...

Before and Afters shown below...

Attachment 73070Attachment 73071Attachment 73072
    Sorry for the long post, but hopefully it'll help some people out - if weather, temperature, traffic, hot lapping or anything like that is changing your fueling and you have different injectors or anything changing airflow through the motor now - you might want to look into this... Again there are better ways of doing it - this way just works for me, but it does take a while - possibly a couple hours just in idle time :/
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Tuning Addict
    I'm confused - I gave credit to Scott - he came up with this (Jslic) in this very post ^^^ He even chimed in on the thread on how he does it with his formula which I did not give out... So I'm lost with what your referring to? In fact I just stated how I personally do this and that Scott's method is MUCH quicker and better...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyCool View Post
    GHuggins. You wonder why I stopped talking to you. I see thread after thread where you post stuff like you actually came up with it.

People talk about respecting tuning secrets, experience, the time you put into this stuff and then there are guys like you that will take everything he can and publish it to be a hero on the forum.

I cant believe my eyes sometimes, not the first thread I've seen pop up. Can I just immediately NULL this thread for two reasons, the title is wrong...... this table will not fix your rich after flash issue.... it will help by doing the wrong thing..... there are more correct ways of sorting out the rich after flash issue. But unlike GHuggins..... I wont spill the beans.

Cheers Mate......... here's to being done with you.
    you seem a bit angry. not enough hugs?

Scott devised the plan of attack on it. He passed the information to Greg. Greg posted it with permission from scott to do so. You're pissy for some fuckall reason.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

sounds jealous. Probably jealous because all that power in your sig, Greg. I mean that's like success x3. Some people cant handle the internet.

Greg actually puts out useful info which helps people with tuning problems on this forum... I'm sure nobody has started a dyno shop and is making any money, or lost a dime based on any of the tuning tips Greg has shared lol since that is not going to help them.

Post until your fingers are bleeding, Greg. It always gives me something to think about since I've always liked reading how the ecu interacts with the engine, and I'm thankful for it.

Little history - I was the first one that actually figured out how to get a high boost 2bar setup working properly and safely on a stock LT1 ECU back in the day, by reducing the reported injector size by something like 80% (which happened to increase the transient pump shot required to keep it from going lean at tip in since there were no transient settings) and then next figure out the Baro Update setting that was jacking up fueling, and having TunerCats find that very table and enable it for a new version software release... and I shared the shit out of that info and bunches of people have been running it ever since. Nobody bashed me for trying to be a hero, was just sharing it all cause it was FUN and exciting. Someone on here politely tried to say they figured it out first but I kindly showed them the original posts and dates... and that was that.

Greg is usually talking about his own realizations, and when he discusses somebody elses... he's transparent with that fact. So relax.

Now my office mate... that's a different story. He continues to beat around the bush asking me work stuff which he then turns around and tells other people and makes himself look like the hero. That is not cool but I'm dealing with it in an ignore kind of way.. not bashing.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 12-12-2017 at 07:59 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

What a complete bunch of BS. I can't even remember all of this nonsense - just logged and and got flagged to here for some reason..... but I remember there being heaps of posts on how to do this, when I came up with the right way........ I think Greg or someone puked my stuff out and that's why I got annoyed.

No worries, I don't own a V8 anymore anyway....... As for me being pissy, people taking your sh*t and claiming credit for it tends to piss you off.........

And THAT......... is probably why ALOT of tuners do not share information.

You can say jealous and talk crap..... means nothing to me.

I solved this....... end of story, NOT SCOTT, NOT GREG. Thanks. Goodbye.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Wow 3 year old post and your still fuming. Hats off to the guys who posted here and helped us solve for this issue. That’s what the forum is for.