Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fan settings with 160* thermostat

Senior Tuner

Fan settings with 160* thermostat

How to set the fan so it does not run until it reaches desired temperature?

I have a 160* tstat but with these settings the fan runs at start up with the engine cool.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That table isn't your issue. There are other things you need to do to properly accommodate the 160.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    That table isn't your issue. There are other things you need to do to properly accommodate the 160.
    Anything other than the thermostat setting? Thanks Higgs!

desired temp also

Senior Tuner
    desired temp also
    The Desired % setting which is listed as temperature is the one I posted Is there another table in the snipping below that would turn fan completely off when below these settings? The Desired ECT has values much higher than what I have in my % table. Do these need to be lowered/raised?

This is a 2017 automatic C7 Z06 My 2012 Z06 pretty much followed the % table.
    Last edited by 8850; 09-03-2017 at 06:41 AM.

Senior Tuner
    I'll try Zones 1-6 at 195* and see what that does for me. Maybe I need 160 in those frames for my 160 tstat? Thanks Higgs!

Senior Tuner
    Will do!

Senior Tuner
    Yea Higgs! Fan did not come on at start up. Came on in the upper 190s. Would like to see a little sooner. Cooled it down and then tried dropping the temps to 15% in that 192.2* frame but then the fan came on at start up. I'll continue to work with it but you got me headed in the right direction. Thanks!

leave desired at 165 or 170 and use the Fan % table to command when they come on. Those aren't the only settings of course, AC pressure, etc also can affect it.

Senior Tuner
    When I run my tests I don't run the AC. I don't think it should have any fan control when not on. I wonder too what controls the fan off? Have never seen that command even on previous cars.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    Yea Higgs! Fan did not come on at start up. Came on in the upper 190s. Would like to see a little sooner. Cooled it down and then tried dropping the temps to 15% in that 192.2* frame but then the fan came on at start up. I'll continue to work with it but you got me headed in the right direction. Thanks!
    8850 & Higgs Boson > Did you get your settings finalized for the 160* thermostat? I purchased a 174* Katech thermostat and need the correct settings for HPT. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RocksZVette View Post
    8850 & Higgs Boson > Did you get your settings finalized for the 160* thermostat? I purchased a 174* Katech thermostat and need the correct settings for HPT. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    My 160 Mishimoto kept failing so I went to a 180 with these settings. At speed it cooled enough that the fan did not come on. Probably a good try with the 174.

Tuner
    My 160 Mishimoto kept failing so I went to a 180 with these settings. At speed it cooled enough that the fan did not come on. Probably a good try with the 174.
    I did the same, I had 3 of the 160 Mishimoto fail in 2 months. They are nothing but JUNK. Then I went with a 180 and no issues in last 1.5 years.

Tuner
    Do NOT use the Mishimoto, Weapon-X, etc or any other brand of aftermarket thermostat on the LT motors. They are all garbage. Katech is the only one you want. I’ve been running their 160 thermostat since it came out, no issues at all.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks to all for your help! In summary, I need to set the Fan % Table, Desired Temp, Desired ECT Table and Mech Thermostat settings?
    Also, I am using the base HP Tuners program, not the 2 Bar. Is this OK for the 2016 Z06?
    Thanks again for your great help!

Potential Tuner
    Joshinator99:
    What % Fan settings are you using?

Base program and can adjust the axis, this isn’t gen 4 so no need to upgrade OS (their isn’t one anyways)

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Base program and can adjust the axis, this isn’t gen 4 so no need to upgrade OS (their isn’t one anyways)
    Is it possible to change the the x and y temperatures (axis) on the Desired % Table? I changed the Thermostat Temp (to 174) and Desired ECT Table (to 179) but the Desired % Table still starts at 192 degrees on both x and y axis.