Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fan settings with 160* thermostat

Tuner in Training
    This will get you 170 degree final temp using a 160 degree Lingenfelter thermostat in a sweltering Houston summer. Note the axis in the 18060 table.

2018 Sierra 5.3
    160_thermostat.jpg

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RocksZVette View Post
    Joshinator99:
    What % Fan settings are you using?
    @RocksZVette: Here is what I'm using after a few different trials. I used to push the fans much harder, but felt like they were constantly blasting and only being a few degrees cooler on the ECT. This keeps my 800 WHP Whipple SS in the 173-179 ECT range the vast majority of the time during cruising or spirited driving. The fans run much less frequently, and when they do, its really needed.
    Fan Desired % vs ECT vs Desired ECT.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by RocksZVette View Post
    Is it possible to change the the x and y temperatures (axis) on the Desired % Table? I changed the Thermostat Temp (to 174) and Desired ECT Table (to 179) but the Desired % Table still starts at 192 degrees on both x and y axis.

Yes,

Go to table and right click-------> column axis-------edit. Tihs will open up the ramp screen with the values above it. Highlight the values and then use the calculation above to make changes like you do on any table. For example highlight it and multiply by .80 or what ever you want your values to be....repeat for the row axis
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostnotes View Post
    Yes,

Go to table and right click-------> column axis-------edit. Tihs will open up the ramp screen with the values above it. Highlight the values and then use the calculation above to make changes like you do on any table. For example highlight it and multiply by .80 or what ever you want your values to be....repeat for the row axis
    Ghostnote & others, Thanks you for the great inputs!
    It appears the correct way to adjust the fans includes Ghostnotes’ post which resets the axis to the correct value for your thermostat. This change plus the other changes noted above should provide the correct results for a lower temp thermostat.
    Thanks again for all the help!