Thread: Why did my unlocks change?

Tuner in Training

Why did my unlocks change?

Currently I should have 2000 camaros and 2002 camaros unlocked. It has changed to 2002 firebirds for some reason. I sent off for another application key and it still shows 2002 firebird. How do I get this fixed?

I'm not sure what you mean by unlocks, but, licenses are permanent.

If you're having licensing related issues, you'll need to open up a support ticket via email.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by unlocks, but, licenses are permanent.

If you're having licensing related issues, you'll need to open up a support ticket via email.
    After you tune so many of the same year vehicle, it unlocks that year model of car so you don't have to buy credits. I had enough tuned for all 2002 camaros and they were unlocked. Now it says 2002 firebirds. It would let me tune my new 2002 camaro without buying credits.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt94z View Post
    After you tune so many of the same year vehicle, it unlocks that year model of car so you don't have to buy credits. I had enough tuned for all 2002 camaros and they were unlocked. Now it says 2002 firebirds. It would let me tune my new 2002 camaro without buying credits.
    Sounds like its working as it should in that case.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt94z View Post
    Use the correct terminology. Nothing unlocks. Your individual VIN licenses convert to a model year license after you license enough of them. For licensing purposes there are a few vehicles that are combined under the licensing scheme. 98-02 Camaros and Firebirds are one. Silverados and Sierras are another.