Thread: Double stacking/Cummins Tune

Potential Tuner

Double stacking/Cummins Tune

I have banks 6 gun with an IQ, on my 05 dodge 2500 24 valve 4x4, I want a little more power and a little smoke, does any one know if I can tune the ECM first and still use the banks or will it interfere with each other. the 6 gun to my knowledge just fools signals and does nothing with the ECM. I have been wrong before, but this is my daily driver and I do a lot of hauling. I recently took a trip back home and struggled up the mountains.

Does any one have a recommendation on tuning or a tune. Iv done LS but never a diesel

Any help or advise would be help full

I have stacked the edge with an ECM tune on a few trucks. It works fine. You just need to pay attention to exactly what that tuner is doing. The edge for example, runs crazy aggressive rail pressure on its hot tunes. So you need to adjust target rail pressure and the FCA to match or you'll get rail codes, pop off, and/or surging depending how modified the fuel system is. But the answer is yes, you can stack a piggyback style tuner with HP. I do not know if your specific tuner is a piggyback or not.
    2003 305/555 QCSB Cummins
    Piston/rod/sleeve/fire ring/dual CP3/300 overs
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Turbo_Mike