Thread: 2016 Silverado 5.3L 6 spd

Potential Tuner

Post 2016 Silverado 5.3L 6 spd

Hello I was interested in purchasing the HPtuner for my 2016 5.3L 6 speed Silverado and wanted to know if anyone can clarify the following for me:

1. what are D1 and D2 in regards to my selector which is D and M?
    2. where in the VCM editor is the trailer button tables?
    3. Is the tap up and tap down buttons used for the manual mode selector to shift gears up and down?
    4. are there already tuned files that give the necessary parameter changes to support an 87 or 91 octane performance?
    5. Is there just one selection to turn off DoD or is it found in several locations?
    6. Is there just one selection to turn off Torque management or is it found in several locations?
    7. I actually like the trailer performance but dont like the down shifting, is there a way to modify this downshifting and copy the tables over to the normal?
    8. I also do not like how the trans shifts so quickly up through the gears in low throttle positions, i.e. normal driving from stop light to stop light in the 35 mph range, the trans shifts what seems like all the way up to 6 gear, when I am in manual mode I like how it stays in gear longer but even that mode shifts quicker than I would like can this be adjusted?
    9. and lastly all I want is the engine to respond when I push the pedal down instead of the delay I get currently, are there a couple of adjustments I can make to improve this?
    10. It is rather embarrassing having this truck and you can't melt the tires....I would settle for barking them at this point.

thanks for any help

Saw your other post. On the throttle response, https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...897#post486897 . I worked with member IARLLC on it for a while. There are a few things that together create a normal feeling throttle. The DOD disable is a huge part of it.

Melting the tires... it is only a 5.3L. It still needs RPM to melt tires. If that is your plan, I would do this. Lower the gear ratio to 4.11 or deeper. I prefer the 4.88 for drag racing/tire frying. The biggest hit, change the stall on the torque converter to 3,000. Tune the trans for the aftermarket converter. Disable traction control. Hang on.
    Last edited by Robert C Morgillo; 09-16-2017 at 08:49 AM.