Thread: 2016 2500hd Silverado 6.6 Duramax about to start my first Duramax tune

2016 2500hd Silverado 6.6 Duramax about to start my first Duramax tune

Hi All,
    As per the header. I have a 2016 2500hd Silverado 6.6 Duramax to tune. I've never tuned a Duramax before. I'm reading through the stickys and other posts but if anyone has any advice before I start please shout it out. I'm in New Zealand and we just don't see these engines here in any of our domestic market. I have attached the base tune as pulled from the truck just in case anyone is interested.
    Cheers
    James
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner

Cool 2016 duramax tuning question

Quote Originally Posted by MADWHIP View Post
    Hi All,
    As per the header. I have a 2016 2500hd Silverado 6.6 Duramax to tune. I've never tuned a Duramax before. I'm reading through the stickys and other posts but if anyone has any advice before I start please shout it out. I'm in New Zealand and we just don't see these engines here in any of our domestic market. I have attached the base tune as pulled from the truck just in case anyone is interested.
    Cheers
    James

Im trying to do my first LML tune and Its way different from the older duramax trucks ive done. Truck is a 3500HD stock that has about 1500 lbs of tanks in the back and the guy wants more a bit more power out of it. Nothing too crazy. Do you have any good insight on what changes I should make since ive seen you have been playing with these trucks for some time now? I would greatly appreciate it!!

Tuner in Training
    bump

this has been covered on many many forums(with a bit of understanding/interpolation/modification) if any one wants a dmax tune with "better power and fuel economy" simply google (duramax 20-20 tune) it has been beat to death, brought back to life and beat to death again, I hate to be the bad guy to say this, but google is your best friend when you know very little about tuning, lots of well know tuners know today have started with this. Also, especially for the dmax world, this forum is very lacking, and ill admit, i spend most of my time of other forums and platforms for dmax's...and if you want more than a simple 20-20 tune, just use the knowledge that u've learned, and go from there, play with it little by little,DONT forget your timing calcutator, and enjoy the ease of use of tuning in this world today, It sure was different 20 years ago.

Potential Tuner
    MADWHIP, Im build my own tune for my 2015.5 lml, could i get your tune? I've been working on my tune and I'm stuck at timing.

for timing maps you can take the best looking high elevation map and install it in all the low elevations, smooth it out and make them all the same. You can cut back egr 50% to save a bit of fuel and cut back on soot run through the intake. At 75% it will turn check eng light on for high nox once every 400 to 500 miles. You can crank up mid range fuel pressure but it will smoke in regen if you go to high due to more fuel out of 9th injector. Crank up the desired MM3 and pedal demands untill rail pressure drops then back it up a bit.

Potential Tuner
    staytuned,
    Could you take a look at my tune? I want to make sure I did this right, every time I run the new tune I get a DTC P060 ecm error/ voltage issue. I had my lift pump sharing the same fuse slot as the ecm ign, I moved the lift pump to another spot and continue to get the same DTC as soon as I give more than 25% throttle. I can flash the ecm back to a "stock with larger tires" tune and have zero problems. I want to leave the emissions intact for the time being. The truck has these mods currently: S&B intake, PPE downpipe, and AIRDOG 165. I'm not going for a max effort tune, more of a light tow tune. Your help is much appreciated. Morgans 2015 Duramax Tune 1.2.hpt

Never heard of a P060. I tune GM diesels in EFI Live. Some of the knowledge carries over but descriptions are different, the scan tool is not as good so maybe that's a p0606 or p0603 ?