Thread: holley 522-428 injectors with HP Tuners need help, goes way lean.

holley 522-428 injectors with HP Tuners need help, goes way lean.

Hey guys, installed these Holley 522-428 42lb @ 43 psi injectors and used the excel sheet to figure out the lbs/hr at 58 psi,
    after I entered these numbers the car hardly ran, went off the wideband lean, had to add around 50% fuel on the VE table to get it in the
    ball park, trying to tune the VE table like this is a night mare with VE numbers up in the 125ish range in the part throttle areas and in
    the 150+ range under WOT and the WOT is still stupid lean on the wideband.

its not as lean and gets a little better in the part throttle areas when I plug in smaller numbers in the IFR table.

I know I need different data for these injectors other then just the IFR table.

I played with the short pulse adder, offset vs kpa vs volts table,
    min injector pulse, etc. needless to say I raped the tune slowly bringing the numbers up and down and still just cant get
    the VE table to act like it should.

I even tried injector data from various different 42 lbs injectors and nothing seems to get it so I have nice control over the VE table.

I contacted Holley and there data seems to only be fit for there efi stuff and is way out to lunch for hp tuners.

does anyone know where I can find injector data for these holleys in HP tuners?
    ive search for hours with no hp tuner info on these injectors.

Post the data they provided, someone may be able to help converting it. Maybe.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    I would definitely call Holley and bug them to get the injector info for HP tuners. Make sure they send you the data for all of the injector specs. Offset, min pulse, IFR, etc...

I've been searching forums for days for the offset info for the Holley 42lb injectors (522-428) with negative results. I called Holley and talked to their tech support who sent me to their "HPTuner guys". Also no luck. the only info they could give is their offset table for their own EFI system. I tried adding their info into the data field and interpolating the missing data, which is nearly the entire thing! I tried to make the graph look like the stock injector graph but still cant seem to get it to work. Basically I have 8 paperweights.

Has anyone come up with offset data for these injectors that works? It's a complete waste of money but I'm ready to toss these things and buy from a company that has the data available.

I tried to attach the flow/offset chart from Holley
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by code3or; 01-03-2021 at 07:05 PM.

haha I had no luck with the right data, I ended up getting the afr's dialed in but the VE table looked like a kindergarteners drawing lol eventually just went with the terminator x on that car and worked like a dream