Thread: Swapping from 4l80e to 4l60e

Tuner

Swapping from 4l80e to 4l60e

I have a 99 suburban that I ls swapped. The PCM and wiring is from an 02 Silverado 2500. I am using my 4l60e that was in the suburban. Will I need to do a segment swap to swap out the trans or can I simply select 4l60e from the dropdown in the Transmission tab? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I am very new to this world and looked through the how-to's and didn't see anything for that. From the past threads I searched it looks like everyone is doing a segment swap. I I do a swap how do I make sure I get a tune from the repository that is a 4x4 not a 2wd? or does it matter?

Thanks

You must do a segment swap with another 2002 file with the same operating system number. The rest would be making sure the pins down at the transmission connector are in the right spots for the 4L60e.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    thats where i am running into a weird issue. I bought the wiring harness and computer as a package off marketplace. When I plug in the ecu it shows vin# 1gcgc24u02z309433 so I know its an american build, with a lq4, 2 Door 4 wheel Drive. However on the harness the trans plug has 13 wires not 11 making me believe the harness was already set up for 4l60e. However when i look at the tune it shows 4l80e under trans info. So I guess I will need to do a segment swap.

Edit: looks like the computer was a 2wd 2500 not a 4x4
    Last edited by AndrewJReynolds85; 08-28-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Tuner
    Ok, So I got the segment swap done and also to correct the fuel gauge I changed it to PWM enable and copied the values from a 2002 Chevrolet express van. I attached the file. I need to work on the tune as well since I have a cam and heads on this motor and flat top pistons but I am hoping i can get it started with this tune.

Thanks