Thread: Issues after changing 5th and 6th gear with gear wheels on TR6060 at Camaro Gen6

Question Issues after changing 5th and 6th gear with gear wheels on TR6060 at Camaro Gen6

Hi everybody,

first of all, I'm from Germany and my english might sound strange, so please apologize for this.

I have a strange behaviour after changing the gear wheels on a Chevrolet Camaro MJ2017 V8 European Model

The standard setup for the Gen6 for 5th gear is 0.74:1, for the 6th gear 0.50:1.
    What i did - and have done for the Gen5 about 30 times without any problems - is, i took the ZR1 5th and 6th gear wheels and swaped them against the original ones.
    Now the gearing is for the 5th gear 0.81:1 and for the 6th gear 0.67:1.
    In addition we changed the gearing ratio in the ECU by entering the new ratio in the schema.
    5th gear is working without any problems, but 6th gear is causing a power reduction and a short time engine emergency mode if i push the gas Pedal more than about 10%.
    It further indicates too much slip @ the clutch - which makes no sense in 6th gear. (a picture with the German Fault Code in the display in the notes)

tacho.jpg

Direct Translation of the Picture:
    Action required
    Reduced power
    Reduce clutch engagement

So the 6th gear is not really usable....
    Do i have to change any additional tables / schemas where the gearing has to be adjusted?
    trans_gear_ratios.jpg

Looking forward to your thoughts and recommendations!

regards
    Thomas

Advanced Tuner
    Are you sure you changed the gear ratios?? There are usually a few tables with the ratios? That are outside of hpt control. I usually edit them via raw hex, and use tuner cat or efi to correct the checksums and Flash. Is your ecu a e67?

Quote Originally Posted by tommy427 View Post
    Hi everybody,

first of all, I'm from Germany and my english might sound strange, so please apologize for this.

I have a strange behaviour after changing the gear wheels on a Chevrolet Camaro MJ2017 V8 European Model

The standard setup for the Gen6 for 5th gear is 0.74:1, for the 6th gear 0.50:1.
    What i did - and have done for the Gen5 about 30 times without any problems - is, i took the ZR1 5th and 6th gear wheels and swaped them against the original ones.
    In addition we changed the gearing ratio in the ECU by entering the new ratio in the schema.
    5th gear is working without any problems, but 6th gear is causing a power reduction and a short time engine emergency mode if i push the gas Pedal more than about 10%.
    It further indicates too much slip @ the clutch - which makes no sense in 6th gear. (a picture with the German Fault Code in the display in the notes)

tacho.jpg

Action required
    Reduced power
    Reduce clutch engagement

Do i have to change any additional tables / schemas where the gearing has to be adjusted?
    trans_gear_ratios.jpg

regards
    Thomas
    Any luck here? I actually have the same problem on a 2017 Camaro with M6 E92.

Any ideal?

Chuck CoW
    Chuck Mosello - CORVETTE DOCTOR
    Corvettes of Westchester
    www.CORVETTES-OF-WESTCHESTER.com

Senior Tuner
    download the newest beta and change the undriven wheel speed settings.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

When you say "undriven" I'm not sure what you mean. There are few choices but what is the exact caption

for the parameter or value you are referring to? Can't tell from your description.

Chuck CoW
    Corvettes of Westchester

Senior Tuner
    the front wheels, or non drive wheels on a rwd vehicle.

post the tune file.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Hi Area47,

could you send a Picture or say who we can find the undriven wheel speed settings?
    If it works, i want to change it at several cars, so it don't help me if i send you the tune file

Quote Originally Posted by tommy427 View Post
    Hi everybody,

tacho.jpg

Action required
    Reduced power
    Reduce clutch engagement

trans_gear_ratios.jpg

regards
    Thomas

Hey there. Were still having the same problem having changed all of the the trans gear ratios.... The ECM closes the throttle when in gears 2, 3, and 6th and we have not been able to get it to work right.

Anyone with input here please reply to this thread.

Thanks
    Chuck CoW
    Corvettes of Westchester

Hi Chuck,

we have no solution until today. So we will change the Gears back to original this winter!

Regards
    Thomas

Tuner
    Hi Chuck,

do you still have the issue? if yes send me your file and i can try to fix.