Thread: 17 Camaro SS European Model no acceleration at about 30 miles (50 km/h)

Question 17 Camaro SS European Model no acceleration at about 30 miles (50 km/h)

Hi,

also in this Thread, im from Germany and my english could sound a bit strange sometimes, please apologize for this.

i could not find someting so i try to explain the Problem.

In Germany we have some strange rules, also about noise of a car.
    The Noise Test in Europe means:
    To drive 50 km/h in 3. Gear in a 20 meters measuring section. By come in the section you give full throttle and they measure the loudness in the past.
    The serial Camaro seems to loud so GM hat a nice Idea. If you drive 50km/h +-2 km/h about 3-5 seconds and you give more throttle, the car accept around 6 seconds no throttle.
    The car don't accelerate. so you are out of the measuring section and passed the Test. GM programmed it that it is tied to the speed - same problem in 4th Gear for example.

A lot of customers in germany complain at GM so they publish a software Update wich make it better, but if the Car normal accalerate 100%, with the update the car accelerate about 20-30% - so it's not the solution.

I heard from some Camaro drivers in germany, you could program it in a table Throttle Body to Throttle Pedal and you could change it at models up to 2016. But at all 2017 models (the most here in Germany) the table is not availible.
    No idear what to do. I never saw the table and all Programmers i know can't find something. We are not able to change it.
    So i put the Tunefile of the Serial V8 Camaro 2017 EU Model in the notes, maybe someone find something ore could help me.

Regads
    Thomas
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tommy427; 09-08-2017 at 05:34 AM.

I have attached and compared your file to a US 2017 SS M6 Camaro. Only differences are a couple small tweaks in the open loop area, and no CAGS on the manual transmission like we have here. Likely the changes are stored in the BCM and ABS modules and not editable.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

I saw the same problem in the past.
    the throttle blade close down to 30% between 50-60 km/h in the 3. and 4. gear. What I find out, there seems to be a map what regulate that, and HP tuners does not support it.
    Maybe if there enought tuners who that need, HP does support the European files better in the future.

Thanks veee8, but there must be a table that HP tuners does not support like Auto-Hentzschel said.

In Germany i have so much customers asking abut this problem. I think the Update from GM shows how much complains they had.
    For only a few Customers, they would not release an Update for all 2017 EU Camaros with Manual Transmission.
    (The AT have the same problem, but it shift much erlier so in normal Drive mode it does not occur)

I would be happy if HP does support the European files better asap. The problem suc*s really.

At first thanks for your help.

Maybe an HP responsible read this and start to help :

This is for federal regulation/mandate in Europe. I haven't seen where you can edit this.

Thanks