Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Real Time Tuning

Real Time Tuning

Hmmm.. Ok I am all ready running the 1Bar OS. What exactly do I need to do to enable RTT? I have read the help file about 50 times. I did a full rewrite, Mabey I'm missing somthing simple? I looked at some of my old bins before the 1Bar upgrade and it says. "Convert from: 12212156 to: 1271002 (RTT) <---

Thanks,

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1slowsilverado
    Hmmm.. Ok I am all ready running the 1Bar OS. What exactly do I need to do to enable RTT? I have read the help file about 50 times. I did a full rewrite, Mabey I'm missing somthing simple? I looked at some of my old bins before the 1Bar upgrade and it says. "Convert from: 12212156 to: 1271002 (RTT) <---

Thanks,
    you need to start with your stock file, apply the custom OS, use the file comparison summary to carry over your tune, do a full rewrite and your set basically. Then just follow the help file. They are working on making some flash demos for it as well in the future.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

You beat me to it lol, I just figured it out. Went back to a different .bin before the 1Bar and clicked apply under OS. Didnt cost a penny, SWEET!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yup, they arent gonna charge you twice for something as small as RTT hehehe

Auto Tune ??

Wow RTT that is awesome... I can't wait it's going to stink for my friends who have 98 LS1s but my 01 will be a blast to play with LIVE oh yeah!!! What is this auto tune? I can't wait for that. My question is will we be able to BBL a car then have the auto tune sort out all the data and present a new VE based off of it automatically? Or will we have to be in RTT w/laptop have Auto Tune enabled and then it will retune car on the fly?? I do realize that i've read somewhere that stated Auto Tune not ready just yet. I really can't wait for the ford support even more. I hope that all of the current features will work with ford data logging and such.

Thanks again for the great product.

OneFastGT

does the RTT cost a credit? I havn't read that yet.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    98's are going to have it as well...its just not in the public release yet. 1 MAF custom RTT OS is 1 credit..unlimited is 5 credits. Autotune will be enabled probably in the next public release. You will need a laptop even with autotune, but instead of you manually doing things or copying/pasting like now it will self adjust your tables to your spec.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 07-02-2006 at 11:23 PM.

So the RTT and 1bar is tied together hmm. Well do I have to do the 1bar OS to get RTT or is the RTT an OS of it's own? Can you do both.. Awesome 98s are on the way YES

Advanced Tuner
    ^^^you choose 1 bar MAP or 1 bar MAF, and it includes RTT
    as mentioned, the cost hasn't increased and those that already purchased 1bar/2bar/3bar etc... it's a free upgrade
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by OneFastGT
    So the RTT and 1bar is tied together hmm. Well do I have to do the 1bar OS to get RTT or is the RTT an OS of it's own? Can you do both.. Awesome 98s are on the way YES
    not sure I follow...there are currently 4 Gen 3 custom OS's now...1 bar SD, 2 bar SD, 3 bar SD, & the new 1 bar MAF. Most of the OS's have RTT as it sits now, you just have to reapply it if you already have it. So say your like 1slowsilverado & you already purchased 1 bar SD, the 1 bar SD RTT OS is free, but you need to reapply it to your stock file & copy over your tables which is easy now with the comparison copy feature.

Ok ok i'll admit that I have just been bouncing back and forth waiting for the BBL and I must have missed the whole MAF Enhanced thing. I can't find a link on the orders page either. Can you give me a quick overview how much different is it than the SD?

Thanks
    OneFastGT

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    its using your maf...its a stock OS basically with the ability to RTT nothing more. www.hptuners.com/help and the pricing is on the orders page right under the 2/3 bar pricing.

Ok so i see the enhanced MAF is new to the order page. It is basically an OS that is directed at RTT using MAF. While the SD OS will gain RTT without a MAF needed on engine.

Tuner in Training
    What if you dont have your stock tune? All I have is the tune that has been molested from 3yrs ago (stock tune was unrecoverable from Diablo Predator). Am I screwed? Or just re-write entire VCM with any 2000 A4 Tune, apply new RTT and then write cal only my current tune?

Charlie
    00 NBM Z28 Rossler A3 ATI 4k TC, 347 w/ ETP 225's, EDC 231/242 .637/.622 @ 114*, LS6 Intake, Kooks 1 7/8" LTs, Wolfe 6pt, BADZ LCA, Spohn SFC & TA, Custom 2 Stage N2O. Next up, 90/90, 9" and Bogarts.

Quote Originally Posted by CAT3
    What if you dont have your stock tune? All I have is the tune that has been molested from 3yrs ago (stock tune was unrecoverable from Diablo Predator). Am I screwed? Or just re-write entire VCM with any 2000 A4 Tune, apply new RTT and then write cal only my current tune?

Charlie
    it can be any tune so long as its based on the stock operating system and not a VCM ENhancement such as 1bar, 2bar or 3bar SD.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    please tell me that the 1 bar maf will be available for the 98's and not just the 2bar stuff. if not i guess i will have to just do the 2 bar, and keep wishing for my turbo or procharger.
    98 Camaro, M6, HPTuners, heads and cam

yes it will, the 1bar MAF is just the stock OS enabled for RTT.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    will it give better resolution like the i bad enhanced? or will it be the plain os with the rtt?
    98 Camaro, M6, HPTuners, heads and cam

Tuner in Training
    Chris, does it matter when I order what year? Here is my issue, I have a 2000 I want to end up writing a 2002 OS, since it has single VE Table, IAT vs functions etc..so does that matter?
    00 NBM Z28 Rossler A3 ATI 4k TC, 347 w/ ETP 225's, EDC 231/242 .637/.622 @ 114*, LS6 Intake, Kooks 1 7/8" LTs, Wolfe 6pt, BADZ LCA, Spohn SFC & TA, Custom 2 Stage N2O. Next up, 90/90, 9" and Bogarts.

Tuner in Training
    For my 05 Silverado, the 1 bar MAF enhanced is listed as not available. OS 12592618. I suppose this OS is not supported yet or am I missing something?
    2005 1500 CC Z71
    1997 Pontiac Grand Prix

We got this guy Not Sure, ...