Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Real Time Tuning

sweet thanks for the link to the right direction.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bmfcamaro
    will it give better resolution like the i bad enhanced? or will it be the plain os with the rtt?
    I am also curious about this as I am thinking of going back to MAF but will not do it until I have the improved resolution available.
    98 Z28 370 LQ9 w/ TH350, FTI 4800 Stall, OLSD, NW90 TB, 80# Motron Inj, AFR 225's, 231/231 .624/.624 114, Mamofied FAST 90 Intake, PT88 Front Mount w/ 4" DP dumped before the Strange S60 w/ a 3.73 gear

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    none of the OS's increase your resolution per say, though 2 & 3 bar keep the stock resolution & add extra cells on top of it...1 bar SD offers a tps scaler as well but again doesnt offer any extra resolution. If you want you could probably do a 2 bar setup and finagle the rest of the numbers and come up with better resolution but I don't see much of a point honestly.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LosLS2
    I am also curious about this as I am thinking of going back to MAF but will not do it until I have the improved resolution available.

5kpa resolution isn't enough? :P

Remember... when MAF is enabled, the primary VE on 00 and earlier LS1s is used... the 10kpa resolution secondary VE table is only used when in Speed Density (and if you want 5kpa resolution in speed density for the afore mentioned vehicles, you apply the 1 bar MAP custom OS)
    Mike Horist
    00 WS6 (TA) | 04 WS6 (GTP Comp G)
    Mike \\#at&\\ horist \\&dot$\\com

BOTH cars HP Tuners Tuned

well said Mike.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner
    Soo... what's the reason to get the 1bar MAF Enhanced instead of the 1bar SD Enhanced, especially if the MAF will still work if plugged in with 1bar SD?

I've got a 98, so if I can still use the MAF just the same with a 2bar SD, AND get RTT when its released, is that going to be my most universal (and functional) option?

And also, if I buy the unlimited RTT, will that include 98's when its released?
    2016 Camaro SS

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOKINV8
    And also, if I buy the unlimited RTT, will that include 98's when its released?
    I believe so...im planning on getting unlimited with the next LS1 I tune

after thinking about things i'm guessing that they provide the enhanced MAF OS because the don't have SD support for a lot of vehicles and perhaps the enhanced MAF covers a more broad set?? I don't know for sure maybe it just is a way to allow you to use your MAF to the fullest and have the new RTT , instead of having a primially SD based OS.... I guess i'm not 100% myself

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by OneFastGT
    after thinking about things i'm guessing that they provide the enhanced MAF OS because the don't have SD support for a lot of vehicles and perhaps the enhanced MAF covers a more broad set?? I don't know for sure maybe it just is a way to allow you to use your MAF to the fullest and have the new RTT , instead of having a primially SD based OS.... I guess i'm not 100% myself
    correct...i would assume 99% of their customers use a maf based system still...and keeping that is huge...for one being able to pass emissions is a good thing

In a .hpt file that has been RTT enabled, how many categories are supposed to be available under Engine>General>Real Time Tuning>Real Time Mode? For my '03 Z06, I have: 1. Disable 2. VE-Spark-MAF-PE 3. Idle-IAC-Base Spark 4. O2-Knock-Throttle ? The window doesn't fully expand so I can't read all of the text in the drop down.
    Aaron

'03 Z06 Corvette - The Normal Stuff.....
    EFI-101, EFI Advanced, EFILive-101, Variable Camshaft Tuning
    EFI University Evangelist

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rammer
    For my 05 Silverado, the 1 bar MAF enhanced is listed as not available. OS 12592618. I suppose this OS is not supported yet or am I missing something?
    mine too why i this??
    '04 Tahoe AWD, trickperformance turbo kit, TC78 turbo, 4"magnaflow muffler, Circle D triple disc 3,000, FLT LVL 7 4L60E, L92, 227/235 111lsa.
    Old 5.3=12.33 @110mph
    http://www.streetfire.net/video/turb...mph_741849.htm

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    right now as per the help files "Whats new" section
    "Added - Real Time Tuning (RTT™) added to many 99-03 GM Gen3 V8 VCM Enhancements."

Basically they've started by redoing the most popular OS's & are working their way around to the others...with 3 or 4 custom OS's per origonating OS for fbodies, vettes, gto's & trucks thats alot of work. Give them a bit of time.

Advanced Tuner
    gotcha thanks. guess i'll just wait for my email for a new update.
    '04 Tahoe AWD, trickperformance turbo kit, TC78 turbo, 4"magnaflow muffler, Circle D triple disc 3,000, FLT LVL 7 4L60E, L92, 227/235 111lsa.
    Old 5.3=12.33 @110mph
    http://www.streetfire.net/video/turb...mph_741849.htm

Tuner
    2000 Corvette - Want to use 1bar MAF, but it says it's not available??
    '00 Corvette FRC

HPTuners, AEM WB, PP&C Stg 3 Heads, PRC Gold, G5X3 114, LS6 Intake, Trick Flow 7.4 PRs, SVO 30#, LS2 Chain, 160* Stat, BPP Vortex Rammer, Dynatech Supermaxx L/Ts, B&B Bullets, Magnecor, NGK, B&M 45044, R-D Racing Cross Bar, Z06 Clutch Assembly, DRM Brake Ducts, Goodridge SS Lines, Speedbleeders. . . .Black Z06 Motorsports

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    are you running 2.1.12? if so...

"Added - Real Time Tuning (RTT™) added to many 99-03 GM Gen3 V8 VCM Enhancements."

Basically they've started by redoing the most popular OS's & are working their way around to the others...with 3 or 4 custom OS's per origonating OS for fbodies, vettes, gto's & trucks thats alot of work. Give them a bit of time.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    are you running 2.1.12? if so...

"Added - Real Time Tuning (RTTâ„¢) added to many 99-03 GM Gen3 V8 VCM Enhancements."

Yep, I'm running 2.1.12. That's pretty crazy that a 2000 Corvette wouldn't be in the first run of updates. Waiting patiently, hope it's in the next round.
    '00 Corvette FRC

HPTuners, AEM WB, PP&C Stg 3 Heads, PRC Gold, G5X3 114, LS6 Intake, Trick Flow 7.4 PRs, SVO 30#, LS2 Chain, 160* Stat, BPP Vortex Rammer, Dynatech Supermaxx L/Ts, B&B Bullets, Magnecor, NGK, B&M 45044, R-D Racing Cross Bar, Z06 Clutch Assembly, DRM Brake Ducts, Goodridge SS Lines, Speedbleeders. . . .Black Z06 Motorsports

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TSDuke
    That's pretty crazy that a 2000 Corvette wouldn't be in the first run of updates.
    It doesn't appear that RTT is available yet for the 1bar Speed Density Enhanced for my 99 LS1 camaro either (Although it is for the 1bar MAF Enhanced). But I can wait .

Kevin
    2012 CTS-V Coupe M6
    1999 Z28 M6

Tuner
    no 98 support. ken said its not going to be possible. just letting u guys know
    98 Camaro, M6, HPTuners, heads and cam

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bmfcamaro
    no 98 support. ken said its not going to be possible. just letting u guys know
    RTT will not be possible at all?
    98 Z28 370 LQ9 w/ TH350, FTI 4800 Stall, OLSD, NW90 TB, 80# Motron Inj, AFR 225's, 231/231 .624/.624 114, Mamofied FAST 90 Intake, PT88 Front Mount w/ 4" DP dumped before the Strange S60 w/ a 3.73 gear

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by LosLS2
    RTT will not be possible at all?
    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=140

Basically Hptuners uses excess ram to store tables which can be used at will to control VE, PE, maf, etc. Some PCM's have more ram then others.