Thread: 2016 Camaro SS / M6 - E85 sensor value stays at 40%

Tuner in Training

2016 Camaro SS / M6 - E85 sensor value stays at 40%

I installed an E85 fuel sensor in my Camaro it is wired to pin #38. I'm new to HP Tuners, but read a few threads on the topic. I enabled Flex Fuel and then enabled the Sensor instead of the virtual one. I fired up the car and ran the scanner tool. The output value of the ethanol percentage is stuck at 40%. It doesn't change at all. My tank currently has 2 gallons of premium unleaded.

On the hardware side, I disconnected the power line to the sensor and ran the scanner again. I got the same value. Is there anything else I need to enable in the tune?

thanks for any advice.

John

Sounds like it is defaulted to the fault frequency which is reporting as 40%. You need to enable the codes under the DTC list, AND the diagnostic enable under the Fuel tab. Then that will give you a direction to do in for diagnosing. I would guess that either your power or ground going to the sensor is faulty.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks. I did the DTC codes and enabled the flex fuel sensor and set it to sensor not virtual. Other people have mentioned "Fuel System - Diagnostics - Flex Fuel - Sensor Diag - Enable". Maybe I need to unlock something in my Editor, but this option does not show up.

I can find it using Navigator and setting it to Advanced (the A box), but when I click on it, it doesn't show the value that its set to. I can click on it and nothing shows up.

thanks again. John

Advanced Tuner
    thanks for the help

the first rule of Help Club is post your tune.
    the second rule of Help Club is post your tune.

Tuner in Training
    I'll post the tune in a bit. Unfortunately I'm on my mac right now. :-)

My last question I think though boils down to an editor question. When I click the "Fuel System" tab in the editor, there is no "Diagnostics" tab in that section.

Now, if I use the "navigator" tool, I can find the "Fuel System - Diagnostics - Flex Fuel - Sensor Diag - Enable", but.. it does not show me the value. I tried looking through the online manual, but none of this is listed.

Set it to Advanced Mode using the drop down menus so you can see all your settings. I never use Navigator.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    Set it to Advanced Mode using the drop down menus so you can see all your settings. I never use Navigator.
    Ok, here is a screen shot of my parameters.. Note I have the "Flex Fuel Sensor Diag" highlighted. My question is... Where is the value for that parameter. I've clicked, double clicked, pressed enter, tab key, arrow keys,etc. It doesn't show the value.

HPScreenShot.jpg

Here is a screenshot of what we are talking about. It is a simple switch for enable or disable. Also make sure you also have the flex fuel DTC's set to "First Error Reported"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Tuner in Training
    thanks for the reply. For some reason my Editor (I used 3.4.89 and also the latest version 3.6) does not show the "Diagnostics" tab that you have listed in your screenshot. Mine only has two tabs "General" and "Fuel Pressure". I have run this on two different windows machines also. Any ideas? thanks again. John

Tuner in Training
    Here is a screenshot of itHP2.jpg

Tuner in Training
    OK. I figured it out how to enable these. I tried poking thru all the possible menu items and found one under the "Edit" menu "View". When I clicked Advanced it now shows me the missing tabs. Thanks for your help. I'll let you know if this fixes my problem. <fingers crossed>

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Johne View Post
    OK. I figured it out how to enable these. I tried poking thru all the possible menu items and found one under the "Edit" menu "View". When I clicked Advanced it now shows me the missing tabs. Thanks for your help. I'll let you know if this fixes my problem. <fingers crossed>
    Did this work for you?
    '16 ATS 2.0t/8L45
    '09 CTS 3.6/6L70
    '04 Vette LS6 swap

40%? Youve got the wires backwards or off a pin. I believe. I think i saw that exact thing 40% once when I put pin into ECU and was one pin off.
    ~01 Duramax 4x4 2500hd- 490rwhp - Kinda Fast
    ~00 Silver SS - 55k miles, 5xx rwhp, Fast
    ~00 Silver WS6 - 32k miles, 6xx rwhp, Faster
    ~89 NotchBack - LSx - S400, xxx rwhp, Fast'ish
    ~90 Mustang LX - 403" LSx S-91, 1,xxx rwhp, Fastest

40% is the default reported hertz if it detects a problem. Like you said, being off a pin at the ECM, or a power or ground issue at the the sensor.
    www.crawford-racing.com