Thread: Hellcat RPM Limit Issue

Hellcat RPM Limit Issue

Has anyone figured out how to get the Hellcat rev limit above 6350 rpms? Or is ANN still hiding something preventing us from getting 6600 rpms in D?
    Current project:
    2016 Hellcat Charger over the 200 mph...
    Email: [email protected]

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    its more than likely the trans
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

I took the cat out last night. Put it in manual stick mode. 2nd gear and the rpms ran up to 6250 and spark shut off. Pulled back to 3rd gear and ran it up to 6250 and spark shut off and the same with 3rd gear. Something is limiting the car. It could be the transmission. So the next rev of 3.6.27 will have that fixed then. Thanks,
    Current project:

Advanced Tuner
    You will have to read and pay additional credits for tune the TCM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    i think its an additional 4 credits for TCM?
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

I actually will be purchasing a new CPU for $650 plus tax so I can mod the new one and keep the stock one stock(lease). Tune has been read and is posted on the Repository if you want to see a stock Hellcat with an auto 8HP90 transmission. It has the ECM and TCU data in the file. 279$ to have HP Tuners unlock the CPU then license the ECM and TCU. I believe 2 credits is all we can do until the next software upgrade is available with the ability to modify the TCM. Currently we can not mod the TCM as far as I know but once again. I promise you that we will be into the TCU for the 8HP90 very soon. (Just a shout out to FCA for putting 4 Widebands in the Hellcat). Almost like they knew we were coming for more horsepower.
    Current project:

the ZF8 TCM has been supported since March.

https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...Suite-3-5-Beta
    I count sheep in hex...

Cool. I am using 3.6.26 and still can not find the parameter that shuts my car down at 6250 rpms in the TCU and some of the TCU boxes are greyed out so I just figured that some updates may be coming for the 8HP. Thanks,
    Current project:

Quote Originally Posted by AWEBB View Post
    Cool. I am using 3.6.26 and still can not find the parameter that shuts my car down at 6250 rpms in the TCU and some of the TCU boxes are greyed out so I just figured that some updates may be coming for the 8HP. Thanks,
    The grayed out parameters are read only and are just there for your information like in the case of "Shift Mapping". Those grayed out switches are just there so you know which shift maps are being used.

As for the 6250 RPM Limit, please email support requesting VCM Suite 3.7 beta. Make sure to include your MPVI serial number in the email. VCM Suite 3.7 Beta has a "TCM RPM Limit" under Trans -> General. To get your vehicle past 6250, you will have to mess with that, the Engine RPM limits and your shift points.

I actually will be purchasing a new CPU for $650 plus tax so I can mod the new one and keep the stock one stock(lease). Tune has been read and is posted on the Repository if you want to see a stock Hellcat with an auto 8HP90 transmission. It has the ECM and TCU data in the file. 279$ to have HP Tuners unlock the CPU then license the ECM and TCU. I believe 2 credits is all we can do until the next software upgrade is available with the ability to modify the TCM. Currently we can not mod the TCM as far as I know but once again. I promise you that we will be into the TCU for the 8HP90 very soon. (Just a shout out to FCA for putting 4 Widebands in the Hellcat). Almost like they knew we were coming for more horsepower.
    I've had my car shifting in drive, not manual mode, at 6800 since like day 2 of the TCM being supported months ago...BTW it's cheaper to just do the unlock if you can have your car down for a few days, you can't rewrite the VIN even at the dealership level, so turning in your leased car with the stock PCM (which you will have to have the dealer or someone with the proper scan tool near you re-write the mileage), you might as well throw away your "unlocked" PCM as it can't be used for any other car. Just my 2 cents

Blue Bee, thank you for explaining this. You just saved me $700 with tax and core charge.

Mark@HPT, thank you for the work-around on the 6250 Hellcat issue.
    Current project:

Advanced Tuner
    What is the trick to getting around this RPM limit?

Advanced Tuner
    I only see a limit of 7560rpm under trans>general>5722 TCM (limp) RPM limit. Not anything that would limit to 6350rpm.

Am I missing something here?

Advanced Tuner
    So you are keeping the stock PCM because the car is currently leased? If so, you do realize the dealerships can detect if an aftermarket calibration has been used on the vehicle?
    https://www.hellcat.org/threads/p140...en-code.33881/