Thread: Speedo calibration Ford F150 2017

Potential Tuner

Speedo calibration Ford F150 2017

Hello.

We are having some trouble calibrating the speedo with the HP tuner. we enabled the circumference to what the tires are but we still have the same 8% error after fitting 35" tires. we changed the drive tires, max circumference and the min circumference. we fiddled around with different values to test and see if we got any reaction. nothing. we increased all to 3500mm and nothing min to 2500, drive to 3000 and max to 3200 and still nothing. what is wrong?

Post your tune please.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Tuner in Training
    I've calibrated a few with no problems.
    You use the scanner special functions and change the rev per mile. You don't even have to license it for this.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by longstroke View Post
    I've calibrated a few with no problems.
    You use the scanner special functions and change the rev per mile. You don't even have to license it for this.
    ^^ This, it's how I do s550's speedo as well, in the scanner you will have a speedo calibration tab when you pick the special functions icon, it will ask you to enter the gear ratio for rear end and also the rev/mile of the tires, for continuity I also see the tune to "use calibration" for both the tires and the gear ratio and put them in there as well...

Can anyone confirm if this special functions works on a 2017 F150 5.0?

I am able to read the current gear ration and re-enter it as the new ration (3.55). Then it tells me my current Revs is 683 and I type in 632 for my new value. At that point I get a failed to write new settings error.

Support hasn't given me a clear answer and I have been told the speedo is controlled via the ABS module om the 2017, and HP Tuners does not communicate with that module.

Anyone that has successfully programmed a 2017 F150, how did you do it?

Thanks in advance!

Tuner
    on our 2017 Raptor the Special function will not work. after saving the new revs per mile for our 37" tires i got a wrench light in the Display with DTC U0422:00-2F in PCM and P160A:00-AF in TCM

send a ticket to Support two weeks ago but no news...

Still not having any luck with the HP tuners scanner for this.

Just an FYI though I was able to use the latest Beta version of Forscan to successfully update the 2017 speedometer today. The 6 speed transmission is now support in Forscan. From what I understand the 10 speed still gives the wrench error.

Tuner in Training
    I just bought a 17 f150 for myself and the rev/mile is not in the special functions.

Advanced Tuner
    Any update on this?

Advanced Tuner
    Any update on this?

Advanced Tuner
    Has anyone figured this out yet? I need to change the gear ratio in a 17 and trying to find out if I can actually do it or not.