Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: cant get RTT working.. help??

You do raise a good point about us knowing everything, about our software that is..

So, the majority of the time we DO try to put as many answers to common questions we think will arise in the help files.. We hope that users will read the help files before coming to the board or e-mails (we receive hundereds of e-mails a day)...

But yea, it is very easy to look something over, there is so much reading material!!!

We too don't remember every last case scenario and will use the feedback of the current release to help improve the help files for the next release.

What has really helped with the .12 release though is the community/member interaction on this forum. I see a lot of questions have been answered by other members and moderators which is great!
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I wouldnt call sleep deprivation a good thing
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

The Press release says "LS1 Real Time Tuning (99+)" not "LS1 Real Time Tuning (99+) on some but not all just freakin guess which ones....so I assumed (based on the information you provided in the press release) that that meant that 98- would be the ones not supported and the little note in the help file meant the 98- OS's. I'd bet many of us have gone thru the help file 20 times and missed that little blurb or misinterpreted it based on the misleading press release. No need to be a wiseass and point out the help file when its in direct contradiction to other documentation also available online. You should keep in mind that we are customers, we paid good money for this software and the support that goes with it. A little customer service would go a long way toward making your suite even better than it already is.

-Ken

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Ken tried to sum it up in this post on tech http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showpo...3&postcount=83 im sorry if your dissappointed it isnt available yet for your specific vehicle...there are many OS's that all need to be converted and the maf enhancement is an all new one that is being added. Fbodies, vettes, gto's, and many models of trucks all had to be redone, thats literally hundreds of OS's that needed to me modified & added.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Also keep in mind if you get the 1 bar SD enhancement now RTT is a free upgrade so your not having to spend any extra out of pocket money. Don't sweat the small stuff in life you'll end up giving yourself a heart attack for no reason.

I totally appreciate the hard work you guys put into this, and the RTT is just a sweet bonus that I really didn't see coming. I already have the 1bar so it should be just an update and reflash when its available. I'll be waiting.

Yeah, I really appreciate the cool new features, but the help files are definitely written by people that already know how the software works. My GTO shows the rtt for the stock os, but not for the 2bar enhanced that I'm already running. And, as someone else mentioned, the maf enhanced rtt shows unlicensed for my truck, but still allows me to apply it. These are of course minor glitches, but if they are never mentioned, how can they be corrected? Just to be perfectly clear, I am NOT bitching, just making a few observations.

edit- Nevermind, even though the software let me convert my truck file to rtt, it said unlicensed when I tried to load it. I guess this means I will have to pay extra to get this feature on my truck that I don't have a 2bar enhancement on yet. I suppose this gives me something to gripe about while I wait for rtt support for the 2bar os on my gto.
    Last edited by gametech; 07-04-2006 at 04:06 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by gametech
    Yeah, I really appreciate the cool new features, but the help files are definitely written by people that already know how the software works. My GTO shows the rtt for the stock os, but not for the 2bar enhanced that I'm already running. And, as someone else mentioned, the maf enhanced rtt shows unlicensed for my truck, but still allows me to apply it. These are of course minor glitches, but if they are never mentioned, how can they be corrected? Just to be perfectly clear, I am NOT bitching, just making a few observations.

edit- Nevermind, even though the software let me convert my truck file to rtt, it said unlicensed when I tried to load it. I guess this means I will have to pay extra to get this feature on my truck that I don't have a 2bar enhancement on yet. I suppose this gives me something to gripe about while I wait for rtt support for the 2bar os on my gto.
    unlicensed=unpaid for
    not applied=paid for just not applied yet

again once the 2 bar for your 04 gto is added to RTT its a free upgrade for you since you've already bought & paid for it.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    post your file & I'll tell you if its supported.
    nevermind, i got it working. Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    let me get this straight i have 1 bar speed density enhanced already when i look at this in my OS there is no RTT,but if i go to my stock 2000 firebird .bin and look at the stock OS it says 1 bar MAP speed density enhanced not applied but it does say convert from 9381344 to 1271005(RTT)do i have to apply it there all over again,if so when i pull up my july4sd .bin will i be able to see RTT applied to that OS im confused severely
    2000 Firebird,2002 O.S.,LQ4 370,Borg Warner S475,truck mani.,Eagle crank,Callies Compstar Rods,Wiseco-11 4.030 pistons 9.4:1 comp.,LS3CNC heads,LS3 intake,NW92mm throttle body,ID1000 injectors,BTR trunion upgrade,LJMS STG3 cam,LS7 Lifters,ARP Studs-bolts,Frozen Boost A to W intercooler,JGS 60MM BOV,2 40mmJGS Wastegates,4L80E trans wth segment swap,CircleD 3400 single disk,MOSER 12 3.31gears ,BMR K-Mem.,2 Walboro 450 pumps,Returnstyle fuelsystem MAGNAFUEL regulator.
    LS1Tech sig KRAZY K 2000 TA

Tuner in Training
    does anyone know if the new OS support will just be added to this update and I'll redownload in a week or so, or am I going to be looking for a new version?
    99 FRC, T76, 2bar, and lots of other wallet weight reduction mods....

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Assassin
    does anyone know if the new OS support will just be added to this update and I'll redownload in a week or so, or am I going to be looking for a new version?
    probably the next public release, but don't quote me on that.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Throttle
    let me get this straight i have 1 bar speed density enhanced already when i look at this in my OS there is no RTT,but if i go to my stock 2000 firebird .bin and look at the stock OS it says 1 bar MAP speed density enhanced not applied but it does say convert from 9381344 to 1271005(RTT)do i have to apply it there all over again,if so when i pull up my july4sd .bin will i be able to see RTT applied to that OS im confused severely
    it can only be applied to an OS that isnt custom.

Advanced Tuner
    yeah i figured it out but man i have to redo all my custom settingsInjectors,VE,spark,etc.
    2000 Firebird,2002 O.S.,LQ4 370,Borg Warner S475,truck mani.,Eagle crank,Callies Compstar Rods,Wiseco-11 4.030 pistons 9.4:1 comp.,LS3CNC heads,LS3 intake,NW92mm throttle body,ID1000 injectors,BTR trunion upgrade,LJMS STG3 cam,LS7 Lifters,ARP Studs-bolts,Frozen Boost A to W intercooler,JGS 60MM BOV,2 40mmJGS Wastegates,4L80E trans wth segment swap,CircleD 3400 single disk,MOSER 12 3.31gears ,BMR K-Mem.,2 Walboro 450 pumps,Returnstyle fuelsystem MAGNAFUEL regulator.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Throttle, if you'd like send me the file you want modified & the file that already IS modified & I'll copy them over for you.

Advanced Tuner

thanks

i got it done it took a little bit but got it done already tested it this is awesome,my only question is how come my VE vs. RPM vs. Map in my editor is different than my RTT map not even close.

Advanced Tuner
    Here is one for ya. I have my girlfiends car licensed and applied as a 1 bar SD but when I go to the original file the RTT only shows up under 1Bar MAF. What does this mean? I know it is supported since it offers me 1 Bar MAF.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    if theres RTT by it its supported at this time...if not they havent modified the existing OS's to accept it...this info is posted on page 1 of this thread.

Advanced Tuner
    So if the RTT only shows up on 1Bar MAF then that OS has only been updated for 1 Bar MAF and Not 1 Bar MAP? I just assumed, since I already had 1 Bar MAP installed and the 1 Bar MAF had RTT below it,that this operating system was supported.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Throttle
    i got it done it took a little bit but got it done already tested it this is awesome,my only question is how come my VE vs. RPM vs. Map in my editor is different than my RTT map not even close.

I'm not following you here. Make sure you are not using an old cal with different values. When you load RTT it will pull whatever is in the car. Read the vehicle back out to make sure you transfered all the values from the non RTT.

Use the compare feature to check your RTT calibration against your non RTT to make sure you transfered everything over.

-Ken
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 07-04-2006 at 09:10 PM.