Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: cant get RTT working.. help??

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badassbird
    So if the RTT only shows up on 1Bar MAF then that OS has only been updated for 1 Bar MAF and Not 1 Bar MAP? I just assumed, since I already had 1 Bar MAP installed and the 1 Bar MAF had RTT below it,that this operating system was supported.
    Unfortunatly no...It looks like they tried to get the new maf enhanced RTT up and running on as many OS's as possible then went through & did as many popular 1/2/3 bar OS's as possible...they pretty much need to redo each & every OS to make it work 4 OS's per vehicle & your talking camaros, firebirds, gto's, vettes, & lsx trucks...lots of work.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Cool. Trust me I completely understand and respect that. I was just wanting to make sure that I wasnt missing something. I have about 2 dozen more vehicles I can test it on but this would have been the easy one. since it is always around.

Tuner in Training
    I just installed my upgraded 1bar MAP - Speed Density Enhanced OS, and it looks like only 1bar MAF Enhanced has RTT support for my car. You guys drive me crazy, first I think real time modifications won't ever happen for a stock PCMed car, now I can't seem to wait a few days to get it . Great work guys you continue to raise the bar!

Kevin
    2012 CTS-V Coupe M6
    1999 Z28 M6

Tuner
    I also was excited to get RTT for free since I have 1 bar SD already. But when I tried to apply RTT, the only place it is active is 1 bar MAF. And when I apply it, it says unlicensed. How is it unlicensed if it was a free upgrade?
    Last edited by 1CAMWNDR; 07-23-2006 at 07:37 PM.
    Mike
    1999 Formula (FOR SALE)
    2010 Silverado 5.3 Z71
    2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250

Advanced Tuner
    you need to apply the RTT to the stock cal file, you cannot apply RTT to a file that has had a SD applied to it

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by VYSSLS1
    you need to apply the RTT to the stock cal file, you cannot apply RTT to a file that has had a SD applied to it
    So I will not be able to use the 1 bar SD with RTT?
    Mike
    1999 Formula (FOR SALE)
    2010 Silverado 5.3 Z71
    2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    YOU NEED TO APPLY IT TO A STOCK OS...meaning you'll apply it to a stock OS then copy over your info from your old tune to the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Throttle
    i got it done it took a little bit but got it done already tested it this is awesome,my only question is how come my VE vs. RPM vs. Map in my editor is different than my RTT map not even close.

I'm having the same problem.

Any solution yet

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    if you guys are seeing any issues its best to email support at hptuners dot com so they can get you a fix asap if needed.

Ken emailed me back with the solution. Here is a copy of his reply. It may help others.

The scanner is hard coded for a 5.7L engine. We use the cylinder volume to convert the VE table into %.
    Until we change this on our next update you have to make sure your calibration file is also set to a 5.7L (0.70821) when you use RTT, and set it back when you are done.
    The cylinder volume is only used during engine cranking, so this will not affect your VE table tuning.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    cool, glad you at least have a temporary fix till they can fix it permenantly for you. Things like that should always be brought to their attention via email immediatly...they dont want you blowing something up just as much as you dont want to blow anything up

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    YOU NEED TO APPLY IT TO A STOCK OS...meaning you'll apply it to a stock OS then copy over your info from your old tune to the new one.
    My problem here is: My current tune is in SD. The new RTT only shows up in MAF. When I tried to re-write entire, it failed at the license screen. But you can't copy a SD tune onto a MAF OS can you?
    Mike
    1999 Formula (FOR SALE)
    2010 Silverado 5.3 Z71
    2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    you would need to license the MAF RTT if im not mistaken. SD is SD, MAF is MAF

Tuner
    Well, I just tried to read entire, write entire back to stock MAF. That worked fine. When I tried to write entire Stock MAF RTT it failed at Validate License. Don't tell me I have a free update, but I need to buy a license back to MAF for it to work........
    Mike
    1999 Formula (FOR SALE)
    2010 Silverado 5.3 Z71
    2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1CAMWNDR
    Don't tell me I have a free update, but I need to buy a license back to MAF for it to work........
    if you want to go to the NEW MAF custom OS from a SD custom OS then yes it's going to cost you a credit...if you wait until the next update when they finish up the rest of the SD RTT OS's it wont cost you a dime which is what they've said from the beginning.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 07-25-2006 at 10:06 AM.

Its pretty straight forward.

RTT is an addition to our VCM Enhancements.

If you have a VCM Enhancement license, you can simply re-apply the new enhancement with RTT at no additional cost.

Again, RTT is an addition to our VCM Enhancements, its not a new licensing scheme or system..

We are just adding RTT to the VCM Enhancements.

Once you have a VCM Enhancement license, you have that vcm enhancement license..
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner
    I give up. Mine only comes up RTT in the 1 bar MAF (which I did not buy). When I try to write it to the VCM, it gets to the License Validation and says "FAILED" and stops.
    Mike
    1999 Formula (FOR SALE)
    2010 Silverado 5.3 Z71
    2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1CAMWNDR
    I give up. Mine only comes up RTT in the 1 bar MAF (which I did not buy). When I try to write it to the VCM, it gets to the License Validation and says "FAILED" and stops.
    Did you read a word I said? "if you wait until the next update when they finish up the rest of the SD RTT OS's it wont cost you a dime" there are literally hundreds of OS's they need to modify and dozens of new MAF RTT os's they needed to impliment...they couldnt impliment them all in time for the .12 release but they should be finished with .14

http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_edi...ters_gm_os.htm

Starting with the release of VCM Suite 2.1.12 we have added Real Time Tuning to our VCM Enhancements.
    What we have done is add the RTT on top of our existing VCM Enhancements. If a VCM Enhancement has support for RTT, it will display as follows:
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    yep, I'm also waiting for the new update, but I'm more excited about auto-tune than RTT, once those are combined that will be tits, hope auto-tune wont cost extra credits...
    99 FRC, T76, 2bar, and lots of other wallet weight reduction mods....