Thread: CM2200 68RFE Max Torque Per Gear Table

CM2200 68RFE Max Torque Per Gear Table

For the CM2200 ECM, there is a Torque Limit table called Max Torque Per Gear. The table has gears 3 through 6, with a maximum value of 510 lb.ft. Does this table really limit the torque to 510? Should I readjust my lb.ft axis to max at 510, so that I am getting full fueling? This table just seems crazy. I guess I should do some data logging to see what the fueling is doing.

Cheers,

Jared
    2019 CCSB Bighorn - Excited HP Tuners finally supported Cummins CM2350&2450 platforms

I have noticed the same thing. Discover anything?

I did readjust my torque axis to max at 510. I have not had the time to data log though. I'll report back if I find anything out. Originally I had the torque axis max at 1000ft.lb, and towed my toy hauler during the summer. I always thought it seemed underpowered (worse than stock). I am really thinking this table was holding me back. Then again, it might have been saving my transmission... I want to rebuild my trans so bad.
    2019 CCSB Bighorn - Excited HP Tuners finally supported Cummins CM2350&2450 platforms

Bringing the thread back up in case anyone (Jim P?) has some new insite. I believe the CM2200 is a torque based control structure, so this transmission torque limit would be limiting the power output of the engine.Capture.PNG

Banned
    The cm2200 is torque based for the EPA calibrations and fuel based for euro versions although with EFI Live you can switch between the two. As far as that table, I?m not sure really.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    The cm2200 is torque based for the EPA calibrations and fuel based for euro versions although with EFI Live you can switch between the two. As far as that table, I?m not sure really.
    Dang. I was really hoping you would know the answer. I have changed the torque axis to have a max of 500 in my tables. I will load the tune soon to see what happens.

Banned
    I use Warp on my truck, don?t appear to have that table in Warp

Potential Tuner
    following

Banned
    The layout for transmission parameters isn?t like it is in HPT but if I?m comparing between the two correctly I?m running like twice the values you have for torque in that table
    Last edited by Jim P; 04-24-2019 at 10:24 AM.