Thread: Ecoboost newb...2010 SHO

Ecoboost newb...2010 SHO

I just bought a 2010 Taurus SHO yesterday. Figured I would do some fiddling with the tune and attempt 14psi. I want the opinion of some gurus before I load the tune and blow the car up. My experience is mainly with coyote cars, old pushrod stuff (Binary editor for this), and GM stuff. The tune is attached. Let me know if it looks ok, or if I should just leave it alone lol. Thanks guys.

SHO modified.hpt
    Last edited by 95Gturbo; 09-12-2017 at 10:55 PM.

For info, in this tune, I started targeting below atmospheric pressure, just to get a baseline on wastegate spring (4.5psi it seems to be). Everything looks good so far fuel trims are pretty well dead on, and no sign of knock. I will post the log this evening, along with a log from an updated file targeting around 8psi

Here is the log for 4.5psi.
    Sho first.hpl

Here is a stock tune datalog. As you can see, in competely stock form, it limits throttle angle during a pull.
    Sho stock log.hpl

Here is an updated tune where I am trying to target 14psi, and it is still going to stock boost levels. It shows the same throttle limiting issues.
    Sho throttle limited.hpl

Here is that tune file. I have since pulled some timing, as I was getting up to 1 degree of knock retard, and the car was commanding 2 degrees more of timing than I have in the borderline table. I thought that I had all of the adders turned off, but it seems like there are a lot of tables missing compared to the 13+ cars.
    SHO 14psi.hpt

This is the log where I experienced 2 degrees over my boarderline table on timing and got 1 degree of knock.
    WOT 18mph roll.hpl

I think I may have found the issue here with Torque Intervention. Will test and report back in the morning for anybody following along.
    Hptuners.png

Same issue. I have cleaned up the afr and spark. It seems to run very well now compared to the stock tune, especially above 5000rpm. Until hptuners has an update that provides all of the tables I need...it looks like I am done for now.

For anybody curious, I have spoken with Eric. There will be more tables available for the 2010-2012 platform. He has said that it will be worked on, there is no ETA, but he assured me that he will be working on it soon.

Potential Tuner
    did you ever get your tune straightened out i need one for my car

Quote Originally Posted by Justin1488 View Post
    did you ever get your tune straightened out i need one for my car
    There is a guide on here specifically for tuning the SHO.