Thread: 2017+ 10R80 transmission OSS to RPM Excel sheet converter

2017+ 10R80 transmission OSS to RPM Excel sheet converter

First of all, I would like to thank TOYOGURU for his submission in this thread https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...ift-map-tuning

I do not want to take the credit for this as he started it and his sheet has helped me previously in tuning my 6R80 truck before.

Now, the sheet attached is for the newer 10 speed transmission aka 10R80. I have adjusted it to have what it needs to convert the OSS to Actual RPM with various tabs within.
    The base concept is to have it suite my 2017 Raptor. I do believe the rest of the 10R80 (Ford Based) can accommodate this too.

There are 6 tabs to choose from :
    • Up Shift
    • Down Shift
    • Traction Control Up Shift in lb.ft
    • Traction Control Up Shift in Nm
    • TCC Slip
    • TCC UnLock

How to use it:
    1. Copy the OSS values from the chosen tab from your tune
    2. Paste in the OSS area within the sheet
    3. Adjust the OSS values to your liking (Increasing or Decreasing)
    4. Initial values and later adjustments will show the actual RPM within the table at the right
    5. When with adjustments, Copy the values from the OSS table within the excel sheet
    6. Paste the values in the designated table within the tune file

10R80 rpm and TCC Converter (reverse rpm calc).xlsx

Please, feel free to let me know of any adjustments needed. I have tested this and have had the results needed.
    Last edited by mrshanab; 05-13-2020 at 12:33 PM.

Tuner
    The spreadsheet looks really good..haven't had a chance to do a compare vs what the new ecoboost tables are yet but believe Ill be using this in the near future for the mustang.

You get all of the credit, my spreadsheet merely gave you an idea, you did all the work on this one and expanded on it, looks really nice!
    Current toy- 97 SCSB OBS chevy forged 6.0/4l80 combo with a bit of boost..currently back under the knife

To many previous vehicles to list

Quote Originally Posted by toyoguru View Post
    The spreadsheet looks really good..haven't had a chance to do a compare vs what the new ecoboost tables are yet but believe Ill be using this in the near future for the mustang.

You get all of the credit, my spreadsheet merely gave you an idea, you did all the work on this one and expanded on it, looks really nice!
    Thank You Sir

Great work but there are some bugs in your sheet, L27 for example changes both AE27 but also Z27. I used your sheet to tune a 2018 and noticed this right away.

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Great work but there are some bugs in your sheet, L27 for example changes both AE27 but also Z27. I used your sheet to tune a 2018 and noticed this right away.
    Corrected

10R80 rpm and TCC Converter.xlsx

Please let me know of anything else.

Lightbulb 10R80 transmission RPM to OSS reverse calculation Excel sheet converter

Very nice...I updated the spreadsheet a bit and added inverse calculations of OSS->RPM. The new tabs allow you to input what RPM you want shift to be at and then the OSS is calculated from that rather than playing with the OSS numbers to get the expected outcome for RPM. Whatcha think?

2007 NNBS Silverado LTZ Crew Cab Z71 VortecMAX (L76) / Stock Everything / Airaid M.I.T using stock box / 93 octane tuned by me 22*-25* timing / 0-60 mph 6.8 sec - Coming Soon: Longtubes, exaust, vette servo

2004 GMC Canyon Crew Cab Z71 4WD / swapped 5.3 / Beefed up 4L60e / 2800 stall / dual 2.5" exhaust / 24" Magnaflow / 93 Octane tuned by me /w Wideband 25*-28* timing - SOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by brandong007 View Post
    Very nice...I updated the spreadsheet a bit and added inverse calculations of OSS->RPM. The new tabs allow you to input what RPM you want shift to be at and then the OSS is calculated from that rather than playing with the OSS numbers to get the expected outcome for RPM. Whatcha think?

I think its much better and easier your way. It should help others too.
    Thanks for the update

any one have sheet like this for 6R80 (same spread sheet) not only shift point rpm

Potential Tuner

Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by mrshanab View Post
    I think its much better and easier your way. It should help others too.
    Thanks for the update
    I have a 2018 mustang GT with a10R80 that I had Modified with SCT tune. I have been getting DTC P061A and P061B (Torque Mis match) during full throttle (or close) acceleration. The vehicle goes into limp mode and can be reset with the programmer. At first the acceleration is ok but then there seems to be a hard shift or two and then goes into limp mode.

I?m wondering if with the performance tue there is an unexpected change in torque that results in a mismatch from the transmission. Do you have any thoughts on if a tune for the TX is necessary in addition?

tried using this but im getting ### symbols and no numbers is this locked in a way or am I doing something wrong. thanks let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardoc22 View Post
    tried using this but im getting ### symbols and no numbers is this locked in a way or am I doing something wrong. thanks let me know
    Try now please

attachment has been updated

Quote Originally Posted by mrshanab View Post
    Try now please

attachment has been updated
    Still getting same result

Still getting same result
    Can you send a screen shut?

not letting me
    Last edited by Eduardoc22; 05-14-2020 at 01:07 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    That just means the number does not fit in the cell space, go into the column where that happens and double click on the edges

Potential Tuner
    I?m having this very same issue with my 10r80, not wanting to come out of gear and up-shift to the next gear. Then limp mode for a second.
    Any help please?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PG Bullitt View Post
    I have a 2018 mustang GT with a10R80 that I had Modified with SCT tune. I have been getting DTC P061A and P061B (Torque Mis match) during full throttle (or close) acceleration. The vehicle goes into limp mode and can be reset with the programmer. At first the acceleration is ok but then there seems to be a hard shift or two and then goes into limp mode.

I?m wondering if with the performance tue there is an unexpected change in torque that results in a mismatch from the transmission. Do you have any thoughts on if a tune for the TX is necessary in addition?
    Have you found a answer to your question?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitmer View Post
    I?m having this very same issue with my 10r80, not wanting to come out of gear and up-shift to the next gear. Then limp mode for a second.
    Any help please?
    Is your shiftpoint set higher than your max RPM? You typically want to set your max rpm HIGHER than the actual rpm you want to shift at.

Potential Tuner
    Hi All, I updated the Excel file with a conversion to MPH. I am used to tuning GM vehicles so it is easier for me to see MPH with dealing with the shift mapping/TCC/etc. Hope it helps others as well.10R80 rpm and TCC Converter (reverse rpm calc and MPH).xlsx

do we need to have the tire circ mm target or not ?

i ran a 27.6 tire on a daily basis, but 28 or 26 at drag strip

thanks !