Thread: Can someone better explain min tps for idle spark table?

Can someone better explain min tps for idle spark table?

It states that 1.2% is min. tps to disable main spark table. I have a questions on this.

Given that my idle tps is 6% logic would dictate that the main spark table is never in use which clearly isn't the case. Is this a 1.2% TPS CHANGE? I would doubt this as any time you slightly get off the throttle it'd drop from main to idle timing table.

Thanks
    Dave

Nobody has any idea?

Senior Tuner
    my understanding is it would be an increase of percentage above idle by tps for it to go from idle timing to main spark table, then depending what u are doing it will be in the main spark or idle coastdown or idle spark tables

From some of my logs it seems like it may not always just be a % of base idle %. IE my base idle is 6% and I've seen it drop into what I think is the idle table based on total timing while at something like 18% but decelling. I don't think I have an idle coastdown table.

Dave

Potential Tuner
    I don't think it'd have an effect if you're running an electronic throttle, because those never actually drop to closed.. My cable throttle, I set that value to 0.4% and it switches visibly in the scanner when I let off the gas.

Senior Tuner
    I'm pretty sure it means the TPS from the pedal, not the TPS from the throttle body. So if you've got the pedal below the value set here, the PCM will reference idle spark.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Is there a pedal sensor? Or by pedal do you mean change from TB TPS from idle %? I'd like to know how the idle table uses the throttle by wire TPS reading.

Dave

Senior Tuner
    if throttle body is at idle say 10% and pedal is at rest 0% the TB wont change until the pedal goes above idle % then its increase at set value, with a slow response my idle TB at 5% when i press the pedal and i get to 4% it starts to ramp in to main spark then by 11% pedal im in main spark table the faster u press the quicker it changes

So in essence it's basically just % past my idle TPS %.
    Dave