Thread: Fox Body F150 Coyote 6R80

Tuner in Training

Fox Body F150 Coyote 6R80

The mods to the chassis are complete. I am ready to buy a F150 Coyote motor and 6R80e trans. I have purchased my twin 68mm T4 turbos and I am waiting on my CG fab hotside. I need to choose a harness. I can buy a ready to go harness but I will still need to tune afterwards. Will HP Tuners allow me to turn off pats if I modify the harness? Can I edit this myself? Anyone run into any issues with this setup?

Thanks

Ryan

Potential Tuner
    Do a little searching in this forum and you will find lots of answers.

-Tony

Tuner in Training
    I wouldn't have posted if I found the answers I was looking for. Notice I asked, "will it allow ME to turn off pats. So far only the owner of the company has offered to disable pats.

Thanks for the support. Could have offered an answer in as much time as it took you to post the above. Would have appreciated even a link to a post.

The new engine and trans are tricky. You can just choose a trans and a motor anymore.

Advanced Tuner
    There is a PATS switch you can disable in the tune how ever it doesn't work on all vehicles according to the description, you can find this under System>Security>PATS Switch. Worst case scenario you can always get the FRPP control pack

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Jn2. The FRPP control pack won't work because this is a F150 engine. The firing order is incorrect. Wonder why in only some vehicles. I'm trying to find a solution that allows me to take a 2015+ engine and 6R80 auto trans factory harness and ECU and run it in my 93 Foxbody. Power by the hour has a solution but it's $3000 US. If I can disable PATS I can just rewire the stock harness and have a much cheaper solution.

Hoping one of the admin or owners would chime in. I sent them a pm bit so far no reply.

Tuner in Training
    i have used 15 engines with 14 pcm with incorrect firing order and repined the harness to make it work.......it does work
    I am currently having same problem with a 14 f150 pcm and engine in a 55 f100, pats switch didnt work and ill have to buy the 15 control pack and repin the harness to run the 14 150 engine