Thread: 05 Silverado Engine Rebuild and adding Twin Turbos

Potential Tuner

Talking 05 Silverado Engine Rebuild and adding Twin Turbos

Good Day All

I'm currently rebuilding a 5.3 for my 05 Silverado and I will be adding twin turbos to the mix. I've turned wrenches for myself all my life, and I've always enjoyed building motors. I'm new to tuning as I've always worked on older vehicles. This build will actually be stock, except for 42 pound injectors and forged pistons. I plan to leave the boost at 8psi and use the truck as a driver. Nothing special, just a little more power for pulling and some fun along the way. I'm trying to decide weather to purchase a tuner, or pay for one and install it with my Bully Dog. The trouble is I live in Sheridan Wyoming, so access to a tuning shop is not really an option. I welcome any advice and thank you for your time.
    Last edited by Nate74; 09-15-2017 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Typo

If you think you can learn it, then yeah go ahead and purchase the tuning software. Everyone's learning ability is different so it's hard to say how well you'll get the hang of it.

Being nearly stock motor wise is helpful, would be easier to get everything out of boost tuned with the larger injectors/fuel pump. You'd need a 2 BAR MAP sensor for boost and of course a wideband o2 sensor.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.