Thread: Two questions about HP Tuner and my 2000 Corvette

Potential Tuner

Two questions about HP Tuner and my 2000 Corvette

Hello .

I live in Norway and just bought the HP Tuner suite and have looked into the editor and made some fuel logs of my car .
    I have to questions I hope some can give me some feedback on :

1. I know a coloumn lock problem will cause a fuelshutoff at speeds above 2mph . If I increase the value Fail FuelCutoff VSS from 2 to 199mph and afterwards use the Flash --> Write Vehicle .
    I assume I will new get any fuel cut off at speeds below 199mph , correct ?

Fuel cutoff.gif

2. I drove my car a little trip and scanned the O2 and the fueltrim values and saw something I do not understand.
    Please see attached logfile and screendump .
    At one point I see the SHFT on both bank one and two increase to very high values within a period of 2 secs . As a result the mV fra O2?s on bank 1 and 2 goes very low in this period due to the rich condition appearing .
    What else could cause the SHFT?s to increase like this ?
    My throttle og pedal was not moving when this happens .

With my very limited knowledge on this area I would have thought if i pressed my accelerator pedal to the floor these kind SHFT values would appear .

I hope someone give some inputs on these two questions .

thanks

Oeystein

Trend med med maks STFT og min O2.png
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    1st question, correct, has your car had the column lock issue repaired? If not check into a LMC5 module. A easy way to think about O2 voltage is low=lean so the pcm adds fuel, the opposite is true of high voltage=rich, the pcm subtracts fuel. Your O2's are supposed to oscillate unless there is a problem with them. You need to log a longer scan and then look at your averages and cell counts, you can't tune off of only 2 cell counts=drive it some more. Also, how hot is it there? Your IAT is pretty hot.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for your reply .
    1st question , I have earlier installed the LMC5 due to I got the Column problem causing fuelshut down when the speed exceeded 2mph . But I will also increase the shutdown speedlimit now when I have bought the VCM Editor , just incase the LMC5 fails in the future .

2. question . The outside temperature in my area is about 18-20 degree Celcius ( 60-65 Degrees fahrenheit) , due you mean that is pretty hot or am I misunderstanding ?

Thanks for clearing up my mind about the voltage from the O2 sensors I thought the voltage increased on increasing O2 in the exaust , but as you mentioned it is the opposite reaction , increasing voltage when O2 content decrease.

Thanks again for your reply .

regards Oeysten

Tuner
    Well for 60-65f your IAT sensor reading is pretty hot, 133f when the car is moving, it should not be basically double outside air temp, is the sensor in the stock location?

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for your reply

My IAT sensor is on it?s stock location as shown here , between the MAF and the throttlebody
    IAT pa? temp.jpg

When I look on the IAT plot the IAT is at maximum of 23 degr C ( 73 degr. F) on this scan as far as I am able to see .
    Should not the IAT be similar to the outside temp as the screen dump below shows ( approx 20 -23 degr C ) ?
    The only temp I can see exceeding 100 deg F is the Engine Coolant Temp during the trip .
    I have just started to use the scanner and logging these parameters so I am a newbie to interpret these signals .

IAT temp.png

regards Oeystein

Tuner
    Sent you a PM.

Tuner
    Yes that is the stock location, but the wiring has been messed with, your IAT on the 2nd screen shot it looks more like it should.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for your PM .

The photo of the IAT sensor was from a similar car , here is a photo of my intake showing also the non stock cheap intake filter I am using .
    I have attached the HPT file upload from the VCM by using the VCM Editor .

20160503_171203971_iOS.jpg

I do also have a Borla Stinger Exhaust .

regards Oystein
    Attached Files Attached Files