Thread: User defined for T42?

User defined for T42?

Any chance we can get user defined parameters for the T42?

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuning Addict
    Not to sound like an idiot here, but what are the user defined parameters and what do they allow you to do? I've never used this in the editor - no idea what it is or if I need it...

Thanks
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

If you have to ask...

User defined parameters allow end users to add their own things to edit. There's actually a significant amount that HPT doesn't give people access to, although 99.99% of people have no need for adding more.

Tuning Addict
    I know HPT is missing a lot - we're working on trying to get them to add more right now BUT what would be required to add in your own tables? Different interface or tool? I'm getting tired of having to use multiple softwares to tune with... I thought this just allowed you to change table names or something - didn't know it gave you access to more tables... Simple throttle torque airflow definitions to kill the phantom light throttle cruise tm that people experience and O2 test definitions to kill start up lean outs after going into closed loop would be nice... Does this give one access to pull up more tables like this with HPT or do you have to use a third party software to do it?

Thanks Dave
    Last edited by GHuggins; 09-18-2017 at 05:43 PM.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuning Addict
    Thanks Bill... I was wondering why I was seeing tunerpro being mentioned all of a sudden on here - guess I completely missed all of this / haven't used tunerpro in a while - guess I'll have to relearn...

~Greg Huggins~

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    I know HPT is missing a lot - we're working on trying to get them to add more right now BUT what would be required to add in your own tables? Different interface or tool? I'm getting tired of having to use multiple softwares to tune with... I thought this just allowed you to change table names or something - didn't know it gave you access to more tables... Simple throttle torque airflow definitions to kill the phantom light throttle cruise tm that people experience and O2 test definitions to kill start up lean outs after going into closed loop would be nice... Does this give one access to pull up more tables like this with HPT or do you have to use a third party software to do it?

Thanks Dave
    What are we missing?

T42 user defined parameters will be available in tomorrow's beta.

Tuning Addict
    JSlic or Scott has already sent you several tables and keeps getting fought on it from what I've heard BUT basically where people are having tm randomly cut timing during cruise in bigger builds is due to the torque model low, med and high baro airflow torque model tables... O2's causing things to go really rich or lean during after start O2 test is due to their voltage settings... Oil pressure warning light settings are missing - you can technically run without oil pressure for quite some time right now before lights come on - to each their own, but I would like to adjust it... There are several map test such as boost maps, cat test, 2 other tm settings that are missing... I know you have efi - just open and compare... I'm happy as hell hpt has the torque editor, vve editor, E85 settings, injector tip temp and a few other things that are necessary, but would like to have some of these others added too...

Then I guess depending on who you talk to that can actually look in these cals with engineering backgrounds - they will tell you that the way we do it is more or less a hack - that there are several more torque modeling tables involved and how they relate - such as the torque model editor - you can change the eq ratio table - this is a direct airmass multiplier so should change the torque model right? Change it all to 2's - torque model still the same...

I know I'm ranting, but I really don't like chasing my tail sometimes only to find that another software had the tables and a simple change fixes the problems...

Then a little off subject, but any timeline on the ford editor tools

Thank You

~Greg Huggins~

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    T42 user defined parameters will be available in tomorrow's beta.
    Shitchea. Time to start mucking with the CAN stuff. Lol.

What are we missing?
    Reverse lockout Solenoid Enable/Disable Speed for one (2010ish E38 Camaro LS3 Manual Trans)... I've asked a few times. Other software has it, my 2016 Truck Auto Trans has it for whatever reason. Then seems like only I have a 4000rpm limit for transients not sure why, not many others do.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 09-19-2017 at 08:41 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

What are we missing?
    After poking through A2L files that I've gotten my hands on, a lot. The overwhelming majority are parameters that nobody has a need to do anything with though. Personally, I'm trying to make tap shifting work on a 4L80.

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    Reverse lockout Solenoid Enable/Disable Speed for one (2010ish E38 Camaro LS3 Manual Trans)... I've asked a few times. Other software has it, my 2016 Truck Auto Trans has it for whatever reason. Then seems like only I have a 4000rpm limit for transients not sure why, not many others do.
    Actually looked for this the other day - funny that an auto has some of this, but not in a manual cal that actually uses it...

~Greg Huggins~

The changes I requested are listed below. For those with the "other" software the IDs may be of value.

{B3001} Airflow Lookup, Low Baro - This table is used in the torque calculation model to indicate the requested amount of airflow based on RPM and throttle at low barometric pressure.
    {B3002} Airflow Lookup, Medium Baro - This table is used in the torque calculation model to indicate the requested amount of airflow based on RPM and throttle at low barometric pressure.
    {B3003} Airflow Lookup, High Baro - This table is used in the torque calculation model to indicate the requested amount of airflow based on RPM and throttle at low barometric pressure.
    {C1701} ? Used to enable or disable the catalyst diagnostic.
    {C1702} ? Minimum coolant temperature before the catalyst tests will be run.
    {C1703} ? Maximum coolant temperature before the catalyst tests will be run.
    {C1707} ? Minimum engine RPM allowed for the post O2 sensor diagnostic test to run.
    {C1708} ? Maximum engine RPM allowed for the post O2 sensor diagnostic test to run.
    {B5216} - Time the oil pressure is allowed to remain below {B5215} "Oil Pressure Low Threshold" before low oil pressure is flagged.
    {B5217} - Once the Oil Pressure has been determined to be low, the ECM will wait this long before issuing a warning to the driver.
    {B5215} - If the engine oil pressure is lower than the values in this table for the time specified in {B5216} "Oil Pressure Low Time" the ECM will flag low oil pressure.
    {B0524} ? Selects if axle maximum torque limiting will involve modifying the spark timing.
    {B0525} ? Selects if axle maximum torque limiting will involve modifying the fueling.
    {B0526} ? Selects if axle maximum torque limiting will involve modifying the electronic throttle position.
    {B0527} ? Selects if the ECM will try to eliminate driveline clunk via torque limiting by modifying the modifying the spark timing.
    {B0528} ? Selects if the ECM will try to eliminate driveline clunk via torque limiting by modifying the fueling.
    {B0529} ? Selects if the ECM will try to eliminate driveline clunk via torque limiting by modifying the electronic throttle position.
    {B2510} ? If the traction control system has been disabled due to the engine RPM falling below {B2511} "TCS RPM Disable" then it must rise above this value again before the traction control system can be active again.
    {B2511} ? If the engine RPM falls below this value then the traction control system will be disabled to prevent a potential engine stall condition.
    {B2512} ? The engine must have been running for this long before the traction control system can request torque reduction.
    {B2520} ? Engine must be running for this long before the traction control system can reduce spark.
    B0161 - Once P.E Mode is active the throttle must then drop this far below {B0156} "P.E Mode Throttle Threshold" before the throttle position will drop the ECM out of P.E mode.
    B0162 - The P.E Mode delay timer will be bypassed if the throttle movement rate is higher than this per P.E mode check.
    B0163 - The P.E Mode delay timer will be bypassed if the vehicle speed is below this value.
    B0165 - The P.E Mode delay timer will be bypassed if the temperature is above this calibration.
    B0166- The P.E Mode delay timer will be bypassed if the temperature is below this calibration.
    B0167 - The power enrichment thresholds must be met for this long before power enrichment mode fueling will begin, once this occurs the value in the delay timer is decremented by the values in {B0168} "P.E Mode Timer Counter" until they reach zero when P.E mode fueling will begin.
    B0170 - Once P.E is no longer active the power enrichment fuel ratio will be ramped back to old commanded fuel ratio before P.E mode became active.
    B0195 - Number of Cam sensor pulses to start to transition from Open Loop to Closed Loop.
    B0196 - Number of Cam sensor pulses to start to transition from Open Loop to Closed Loop.
    B0197 - Number of Cam sensor pulses to start to transition from Open Loop to Closed Loop.
    {B7006} - The engine is considered to be in an overboost condition if the manifold pressure is above this value.
    {B7007} - Once the engine has been considered to be in an overboost condition the manifold pressure must fall below this value to reset that condition.
    B1505 - To stop the ECM switching rapidly between the open loop / closed loop temperature thresholds this hysteresis value is applied meaning the temperature change must be greater than this value before the ECM will switch between open / closed loop or closed / open loop.
    B1506 - When the ECM is trying to determine if the O2 sensors are ready for closed loop and the O2 sensor voltage is our of range for this long then it is still considered not ready.
    B1507 - The ECM must sample the O2 sensors in a ready state this many times before it is deemed the O2 sensors are ready for closed loop.
    B1513 - O2 sensor must remain below this voltage level to indicate it is ready when running in open loop.
    B1514 - O2 sensor must remain above this voltage level to indicate it is ready when running in open loop.
    B1107 - Below this engine RPM the ECM will use the enhanced closed loop algorithms.
    B1108 - Above this engine RPM the ECM will use the simplified closed loop algorithms by using {B1515} "O2 Sensor Rich/Lean Threshold, Bank 1" and {B1516} "O2 Sensor Rich/Lean Threshold, Bank 2".
    {C0612} - If the engine RPM is above this value then the misfire diagnostics can be enabled.
    1515 - This table defines the voltage the O2 sensor output must cross to transition from a rich to lean or a lean to rich condition. Bank 1 ? This table modifies a different location than HPT
    B1516 - This table defines the voltage the O2 sensor output must cross to transition from a rich to lean or a lean to rich condition. Bank 2 ? This table modifies a different location than HPT
    B1202 - If the commanded injector on time is less than this value whilst the engine is cranking the ECM assumes this to be a 'small pulse', in which case the values from table {B1204} "Small Pulse Adjust" will also be added onto the final pulse width.
    B1216 - Injectors must remain off for this amount of time before another injection pulse can occur.
    B8037 - The first estimated MAP value is considered wrong if the error is greater than this value.
    B8038 - The second estimated MAP value is considered wrong if the error is greater than this value.
    B8039 - RPM value above/below a zone change threshold before changing zones.
    B8040 - RPM value above/below a zone change threshold before changing zones when in AFM mode.
    B8041 - MAP value above/below a zone change threshold before changing zones.
    B8042 - MAP value above/below a zone change threshold before changing zones when in AFM mode.
    Dynamic air Prediction tables missing.
    {B8066} AirFlow Prediction Scaler 1
    {B8067} AirFlow Prediction Scaler 2
    {B8068} MAP Prediction Filter 1
    {B8069} MAP Prediction Filter 2
    {B5155} Air Per Cyl Scaler. This is used the scale the Air Per Cylinder values from the MAF/MAP airflow calculations to be used by the spark tables.
    B8010 ? Intake Cam filter
    B8011 ? Exhaust Cam Filter
    B8012 ? MAP Filter Constant
    B8013 ? Delta MAP Filter Threshold
    B0190 - Minimum coolant temp to allow closed loop purge.
    B0191 - Enable or Disable Purge in Open Loop mode.
    B0192 - Defines the duty cycle commanded of the purge solenoid based on engine airflow. Low Flow
    B0193 - Defines the duty cycle commanded of the purge solenoid based on engine airflow. Mid Flow
    B0194 - Defines the duty cycle commanded of the purge solenoid based on engine airflow. High Flow

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    After poking through A2L files that I've gotten my hands on, a lot. The overwhelming majority are parameters that nobody has a need to do anything with though. Personally, I'm trying to make tap shifting work on a 4L80.
    If you find something you'd like us to add please open a support ticket and make sure to supply us with the .hpt file in question along with the table address & whatever description information you can, if we need to add something we typically have no problems doing so.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    ECM 4151 is this the low oil delay ur talking about jsllc ? and ECM 14110 is the low pressure/rpm threshold, and ECM 4150 is the hyst ..? i have adjusted mine in my tune assuming they work or are they OS specific..?

I have no idea as a 2012 e67 or 2010 e38 do not show either of these. What OS and ecm are you running?

Senior Tuner
    mine is a E38 2007 (file says 2008 tho) OS is 12612381 my info is in "engine diag" then "general" under "oil" ill put pic below or i can upload my tune file if u want it

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    If you find something you'd like us to add please open a support ticket and make sure to supply us with the .hpt file in question along with the table address & whatever description information you can, if we need to add something we typically have no problems doing so.
    I pick my battles now. There's things I don't necessarily want everyone to be able to edit.

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    mine is a E38 2007 (file says 2008 tho) OS is 12612381 my info is in "engine diag" then "general" under "oil" ill put pic below or i can upload my tune file if u want it

These are not listed in 2012, 2013 e67. Also they are slightly different.