Thread: LS3 stays in OL accel/decel or CL fault

Tuner in Training

LS3 stays in OL accel/decel or CL fault

2015 Camaro SS. BTR 3 cam, long tube headers.

Can anyone help me figure out why this car is staying in OL accel/decel for long periods of time while cruising then finally going into CL fault? The O2 sensors and wiring are good. I'm leaning towards the closed loop proportional or integrator settings but I don't understand what the issue is. The car was doing this before the cam swap.
    9-17-17.hpl
    2015 Camaro SS Manual modified.hpt
    2015 Camaro SS Manual stock.hpt

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    2015 Camaro SS Manual modified SD.hpt

you need to get the car tune in SD first

find attached
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Thank you! I was about to start working on the VVE when I noticed this issue. Looking back at old logs it started doing it when the the car had headers only. I'm really interested in how the O2 sensors tables are adjusted for long tube headers. I cant find a solid answer or method anywhere.

Tuner in Training
    After putting long tubes on my trucks 6.2, the CL Fault is present. The ECM really doesn't like the added distance from the O2 sensors to the exhaust valve. From my understanding, you can't change or add in the time delay that wasn't present with normal manifolds. I also think this keeps the ECM from allowing DEFCO unless there is a downshift and excessive vacuum. I would recommend SD tuning.
    1997 Wrangler - LQ4 6.0 and 4L60e NP231C/J
    2009 Saab 9-7X with a 6.0 swapped in, 4L65E from a 2009 Suburban, 2005 trailblazer selectable transfercase, and 3.42's from trailblazer as well
    2015 Sierra 2500 Duramax with a fuel sucking emissions system
    2009 G8 GT (wifes car)

Tuner in Training
    It was a couple rear o2 sensor codes and/or catalyst test being left on that caused it to fault. After that was turned off everything is back to normal. Also I was able to change the integrator delay on e38 no problem.

The proportional table determines how large the fuel correction will be. (I think this would apply when larger injectors are installed)

The integrator delay determines the time delay between the fuel correction and when the o2 sensor "sees" the correction in the exhaust gas. (I think this would apply when long tube headers are installed)

Anyway the car is back in closed loop normal and running well. Now I can finish up maf and ve.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ah206 View Post
    It was a couple rear o2 sensor codes and/or catalyst test being left on that caused it to fault. After that was turned off everything is back to normal. Also I was able to change the integrator delay on e38 no problem.

The proportional table determines how large the fuel correction will be. (I think this would apply when larger injectors are installed)

The integrator delay determines the time delay between the fuel correction and when the o2 sensor "sees" the correction in the exhaust gas. (I think this would apply when long tube headers are installed)

Anyway the car is back in closed loop normal and running well. Now I can finish up maf and ve.
    My LS3 is having similar issue with LT headers. I made minor tweaks to the O2 sensor delays/proportional limits/etc. and now it sometimes hangs out in OL-Accel for a long time then eventually goes back to CL-Normal. Ughh..
    Can you provide more info on your codes and/or catalyst tests that you mentioned being your issue?