Thread: Exclusive 2018 Mustang GT now supported.

Exclusive 2018 Mustang GT now supported.

2018 Mustang GT Tuning support is now available in today's beta of VCM Suite.

Here is a read from a 2018 Mustang GT Auto for you guys to poke around in.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Senior Tuner
    Great. Thanks for the hard work. Excited to see the gains from tuning on these.

Senior Tuner
    What I've wanted for a long time... Spark IAT correction based on alcohol percent. Noticed a few other cool things too but that is what stood out. That and the use of 4 knock sensors and Per Cylinder knock control from the factory.

Tuning Addict
    There are some interesting things in there like the fact that there are 4 different enrichment rates and wheel torque error is already raised decently over past acceptable OE levels...

Not to change the subject Eric as I know y'all have been working around the clock, but any word on built in VVE tools or anything like that?

Thank You Eric
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Senior Tuner
    Manual control over the cams.

a manifold charge temp sensor. I wonder if you can see that in the dash, and what kind of temps it is going to see.

Tuner
    Awesome work Eric!

Very helpful. I am taking delivery of mine in a few months.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Nice!

Senior Tuner
    How many credits? Extra for TCM? Already been asked about tuning them and want a cost idea.

Advanced Tuner
    Very nice, just emailed support about adding beta access once more, seems it's no longer only page and I'm stuck on beta 3.7.214

Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    Very nice, just emailed support about adding beta access once more, seems it's no longer only page and I'm stuck on beta 3.7.214
    Open vcm , Click help /about and update will show available. I just added 3.7.360 today

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GSLSE20B View Post
    Open vcm , Click help /about and update will show available. I just added 3.7.360 today
    just updated earlier...review th file, man that a10 has a ton of tables of off coming an on going pressure

just updated earlier...review th file, man that a10 has a ton of tables of off coming an on going pressure
    And I'll be adding MORE :-)
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    How many credits? Extra for TCM? Already been asked about tuning them and want a cost idea.
    There is no TCM. It's all in one module. 4 credits.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    There is no TCM. It's all in one module. 4 credits.
    One of the things i'm waiting to see if how we will log IDC, are we logging low and high side separate I'm assuming. Also it seems there are no inferred fuel pressure tables in the fuel system tab, this has to mean the car will have actual fuel pressure sensors to monitor pressure, one for HPFP feeding the DI injectors and one for the low side feeding the PI injectors

One of the things i'm waiting to see if how we will log IDC, are we logging low and high side separate I'm assuming. Also it seems there are no inferred fuel pressure tables in the fuel system tab, this has to mean the car will have actual fuel pressure sensors to monitor pressure, one for HPFP feeding the DI injectors and one for the low side feeding the PI injectors
    Correct, two measurable pressures, just like on Ecoboost vehicles.
    PI still has injector pulsewidths that can be converted to an injector DC as desired. DI has a set injection window it can inject during, so an injector DC measure changes depending on window size. I.e. 330* window, I inject for 200*, that's 60.6% INJDC, but if its a 220* window, that's 90.9% INJDC. Tuning the DI system will be the same as any other DI Ford, finding an appropriate window size maximum, and almost certainly hitting the limit of the HPFP before injectors (i.e. able to drop the high pressure before you run out of window).

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners View Post
    Correct, two measurable pressures, just like on Ecoboost vehicles.
    PI still has injector pulsewidths that can be converted to an injector DC as desired. DI has a set injection window it can inject during, so an injector DC measure changes depending on window size. I.e. 330* window, I inject for 200*, that's 60.6% INJDC, but if its a 220* window, that's 90.9% INJDC. Tuning the DI system will be the same as any other DI Ford, finding an appropriate window size maximum, and almost certainly hitting the limit of the HPFP before injectors (i.e. able to drop the high pressure before you run out of window).
    Awesome, yeah, so we only have a certain window to spray fuel, that can work as out "duty cycle", but when you run out of fueling on the HPDI side we should be able to compensate using the PI injectors, that's what I'm excited to try out, If we can maintain pressure on the low side then we may be able to make big power with out needing to go with a return style fuel system on the PI side.

I am not seeing 3.7 Beta anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedYote View Post
    I am not seeing 3.7 Beta anywhere
    Email support and request it, they will probably want your customer number too. They remove beta support pretty often now.