Thread: 2012 Mustang 3.7 Cyclone to 5.0 Coyote Swap

Potential Tuner

2012 Mustang 3.7 Cyclone to 5.0 Coyote Swap

I'm a noob to the hp tuning scene and need some help. I have the coyote engine and ecu from a donor vehicle. New engine harness. Stock tune on the ecu and a JLT CAI. The car floods with fuel on start up attempts. I have to remove the fuel pump relay fuse to clear the fuel and it fires right up and then dies. This appears to be a security feature. What needs to be adjusted. For some reason the MAF doesn't appear to be working. It just sits @ .41 lbs/min. What is the experienced diagnosis? or Does someone have a tune for the JLT CAI?

Senior Tuner
    Multiply MAF curve by 1.47. Not sure if the V6 Mustang has the same mechanically regulated fuel pump as the GT or not but if it doesn't that can cause problems as well. I know the Ecoboost fuel pump is different.

Are you sure it floods and doesn't die from being lean? Post a log.

Potential Tuner
    It floods because the spark plugs are drenched and the oil contaminated with gas. I'll do the multiplication curve when I get home this evening and check the parts list compatibility between the v6 and GT. I'll post the log also. I appreciate the response!!!!

Senior Tuner
    Well if it's flooding adding the MAF curve will make it worse. That will get you close to where you should be when everything else is figure out though.

Do you have O2 sensors? That can cause it to dump fuel

Potential Tuner
    I do have 02 sensors in a non-catted xpipe.

Potential Tuner
    How do you attach a file?

Potential Tuner
    Someone please review my files so I can determine if the tune needs work or I need a new ecu.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    The reason I ask for someone to review the file is because I'm not getting an IAT or MAF signal in the scan. I've probed wiring from the sensor(s) to the ECU connector and got good continuity. I replaced the sensor and got the same no signal result. The car is hard to start and won't run beyond ~1500 rpms.