Thread: VZ E38 ECU Unlinked after Flash

Tuner

VZ E38 ECU Unlinked after Flash

VZ Commodore L76 6L Auto has decided to unlink all modules after a Write Calibration of minor changes on existing running tune.
    Half way through writing tune, all the engine bay relays started clicking madly and continue to do so when ignition is on.
    Car wont start no obviously and tried 2 other known good ECUs and all still the same.
    Tried relinking with various TECH 2 style scanners and its still the same .
    What gives ?

Senior Tuner
    may not help your current situation but i always flash with only the accessories on which should work in the VZ also, just saves it going thru all the dash/abs/ect errors every time

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    may not help your current situation but i always flash with only the accessories on which should work in the VZ also, just saves it going thru all the dash/abs/ect errors every time
    Ah i always thought ignition had to be on ?

Senior Tuner
    yea some have to but if the ecu is powered up by acc then it will be fine, in my VE i always just have acc on or in the earlier days i had the ign on but found it works in acc, im pretty sure the VZ will work in acc also

Tuner
    It will connect and write tune and connect to scanner and clear codes on accs but soon as ignition is turned on the relays click and it wont connect, go back to accs and it has all the codes there again

Tuner
    Anyone ?

Senior Tuner
    are u losing power or something with ign on checked all fuses ?

Tuner
    Yeh, checked fuses and earths

Tuning Addict
    With relays doing what they're doing - sounds like voltage issue - especially if you've tried another known good ecu... Have you tried a "good" jump box? AND by good I mean one decently sized and amperage capable... Last thing would be to try a write entire if it's honestly a corrupt calibration losing it's vin or something like that...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    With relays doing what they're doing - sounds like voltage issue - especially if you've tried another known good ecu... Have you tried a "good" jump box? AND by good I mean one decently sized and amperage capable... Last thing would be to try a write entire if it's honestly a corrupt calibration losing it's vin or something like that...
    Put my jump pack on it soon as i heard relays going because i thought it was the battery. The car drove to me running fine. Will try a a different battery just in case.